Closed Thread
Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Toby is really cute! What a handsome boy.

My 9-month-old is a bit of a numpty, I think!! Cannot do anything clever yet. But I love her to bits. Don't really want her to grow up!!

As for the sleeping, she's a bit of a champion there (touch wood it stays that way). Down by 7.30pm, and rarely stirs til 8-8.30am!! She can find and put her own dummy back in (now she isn't swaddled, and in a sleeping bag with arms), so that helps alot.

For those feeding bubs solids, what do you feed them?

J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Aww, thanks J! He's a handful!

And your little Lucy is a gorgeous girl who will do everything she needs to in her own time. She must be aware of your wish for her to stay small for longer and be giving her mummy what she wants :-)

I am very jealous that Lucy sleeps so well!!!! Amazingly well, in fact! I wish Meadow did that. She is waking every 1-2 hrs again, really getting fed up and plan to tackle it when we are back from holidays and I still have mum here to help when I am tired.

Meadow is having 2-3 small meals per day. Usually toast or fruit like banana for breakfast as she doesn't seem to like porridge, no matter how I do it.

Lunch she's not having much as still getting used to solids and don't want to overload her yet, maybe a small piece of fruit to knaw on or a little rice cake with avocado.

Dinner is a version of what we have, maybe some carrot, potato, asparagus, whatever we have spare that I can give her, either whole or pureed.

She is not having dairy or meat/fish yet. Holding off as feel her tummy is still sensitive at this age, just my own preference really.

But in the next week, at seven months, I will start to give her more 'complete' meals with a wider range of food groups. As she's still getting so much goodness from breast milk I am not thinking too much about it and going with the flow
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 11-03-2014 at 20:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bond...that's true!! She is staying little for me!!

Lucy's sleep improved markedly at the 8-month mark. So maybe it's just too early for Meadow? I forget, does she have a dummy? Lucy seemed to improve when she was able to replace her own dummy; it's clipped to her sleeping bag so she can feel around for it. Also when she started solids in the evening, she seemed to be able to go the distance. I feed her solids at 6pm, then breast-feed her about 7pm.
    Who knows with babies...they are all so different! But I feel for you. Sleep deprivation is torture. It makes everything so much harder.

My drama at the moment is Oscar's toilet-training...it has regressed in the last few weeks. He happily goes for a wee, but we are having daily poo in the underpants!! We are trying different approaches, but no success. He tells me "Poo goes in the toilet, Mummy", but then it somehow ends up in his underpants!! Where are you up to with Toby? I think he is younger than Oscar, yes?

J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    J I love babies too but when I'm yelling at DP for nothing and getting angry with River I can't do that to them again. Plus we can't afford any more. Any chance your DH will change his mind when Lucy is bigger? She is so adorable. You have gorgeous clothes for her.

As for solids River eats heaps. Cereal in the morning (often stolen from me) yoghurt, fruit (watermelon, rockmelon, plums, grapes, nectarines she loves them all) veggies, meat in strips. Throughout the day depending on what she has at daycare. She is a good feeder and is down to only 3 or 4 bottles.

Bond I hope your holiday is lovely. What a beautiful photo of your children. I hope Meadows sleep improves soon. We are trying to get River to settle herself for bed as eventually I won't be able to put her in the cot asleep. We had 3 nights where she cried for 15mins (just grizzles) and last night she went to sleep having a bottle.

Of to the Ob today so hopefully get to see Lucky again :-D

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Just want to squeeze her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toby was 3 at end of October. I only began toilet training him late last year and he took to it quite well, but it took a couple of weeks for him to attempt poos on the toilet. Before that he'd hide and do it in his undies! Then he became pretty good with it all, but recently began having more accidents as he seems not to want to stop playing and ignores his bladder. Then runs to the toilet at the last minute but can't hold on and wets before he makes it. So when I see him 'dancing' I have to prompt him to go.

Meadow doesn’t have a dummy, but seems to wake wanting a cuddle or breast feed. Any contact with me. I am trying to only feed her twice a night now she's having more solids and cuddle her back to sleep otherwise. But for the first time in about two months she slept nearly five hours last night!!! She may just grow out of it like you say, I hope so!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feels like forever since I posted but am trying to read along. I love seeing the pics of the babies. They are all so cute!
    Lucy looks so long and the pic of Toby and Meadow is so cute. And the twins, so grown up now!

As for solids Ava eats mostly puréed or mushed foods still. She's not a fan of finger foods. She mostly eats a kids weetbix with fruit, toast or yoghurt with fruit for brekkie. Lunch and dinner is something like veggies (broccoli, sweet pot, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini), bolognese, chicken cous cous, lentil puree, chicken with carrot and apple... Sometimes custard or fruit for dessert. She also likes apple rice cakes as a snack or an arrowroot biscuit. We generally do a cook up and freeze in cubes and just take out whatever we feel like feeding her.

Bond - Hope sleeping improves for Meadow soon. Maybe with more solids as she gets older it might help.

J sounds like Lucy is a great sleeper. We also pin Ava's dummy to her so she can find it herself. Nice wardrobe Lucy has too, lots of cute outfits

Toni - good luck with your ob apt today. Also good luck with trying to get River to settle on her own.

Sorry can't write more, Ava is awake and calling me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear your news Maybee...I am very excited about seeing you and Ava on Monday!!

I only buy cheap clothes for Lucy, usually less than $10 from Kmart, Target, Big W and Best and Less. You can get really cute stuff so cheap, and it is surprisingly well-made (and I am very obsessive about frayed threads etc).

I must admit, after having Oscar, dressing Lucy is ALOT more fun, a bit like my Cabbage Patch Kid back in the late 80s!! With boys, all there seems to be is either blue, white or grey, generally all jumpsuits, with either cars, trains or planes. (And I hate green and yellow!). So ladies, it may be true that Lucy's wardrobe is more extensive than perhaps it should be...but it's fun!!

J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni...how did the OBGYN visit go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to see you Maybee I'm glad Ava is doing well.

Obgyn appt went really well. Got to see lucky again. Have decided not to do NT scan due to cost and it not impacting on our decision to keep the baby

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app