Closed Thread
Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Babies of Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

It is scary when those monitors go off. Sienna's has gone off twice. The first time I'm not sure why, the second time, I walked in my sleep and got her out of her cot (oops) and didn't turn the alarm off. I woke up when it went off. That was after a night of getting up 8 times, so totally sleep deprived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh J!! My heart would stop!! Chelsea moves around so much in her cot, I don't think a sensor monitor would be any good. But our rooms are so close, I can hear moving around.

So the time has come! G'ma and G'dad turn up soon to start looking after Chelsea and boy, it probably is the worst time. Last night she screamed so hard when we were trying to get her asleep. DH picked her up for cuddles and to try and soothe her and she tensed up more and screamed so hard!! As soon as I grabbed her, stopped! So tomorrow is going to be fun when I will be gone all day - started to fret a little but won't pass the feelings onto Chelsea. Will get G'ma to do heaps today.

Good news is that when I put her down last night around 9:30pm, she is still asleep now (6am)! Just hope the next few days don't disturb the sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissX, sienna moves around heaps in her cot and has no issue with the monitor. It only goes off when it doesn't sense any movement. I'm still amazed that it can pick up breathing, through a mattress

Good luck with Chelsea. I hope things go smoothly with MIL, and you get a nice day out. Have they had much to do with her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only at Xmas, but she didn't do much in terms of feeding and putting her to sleep. But already this morning G'ma has been able to put Chelsea to sleep. Quite a bit of tears and protest, but after 30 mins she got there! Phew!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Lovely to see pics and read updates on the bubs. Welcome to ponytail too, gorgeous little boy you have.
    J - Lucy is beautiful and growing nicely. She'll sit up and move when she's ready. Hope Lucy feels better soon.
    Smurfy - Sienna is a cutey. Hope child are continues to go well. I'm looking forward to returning to work but anxious about someone else looking after Ava (even though it will be family).
    Miss X - Chelsea is adorable, love her little rolls. Already outgrowing size 0, Ava is still in 00! Great that she loves swimming. Good luck with mil looking after Chelsea. My mil is looking after Ava while I go to hairdresser today and then again tonight as we have an engagement party. I'm pleased she decided to stay at our house and that I won't have to spend an entire night away from Ava, I'm not ready for sleepovers just yet.
    Toni - River is so cute. She looks like she's enjoying her swing. Hopefully teething hasn't caused too much grief. Bummer about all day nausea, hopefully it's over soon. Dating scan coming up soon.
    Channy - how is Lincoln going?
    Bond - wow Meadow already showing signs of crawling. How's her sleep going?
    Wow our babies are growing so quickly! Ava has two bottom teeth which are rather sharp, she's sitting up on her own but showing no signs of trying to crawl or stand up. She loves to talk and loves music. Work approved my request to return 3 days a week. Looking to return in May. Here's a couple of recent pics of my little girl
    Attachment 50594
    Attachment 50595

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

Ponytail  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Lovely to see pics and read updates on the bubs. Welcome to ponytail too, gorgeous little boy you have.
    J - Lucy is beautiful and growing nicely. She'll sit up and move when she's ready. Hope Lucy feels better soon.
    Smurfy - Sienna is a cutey. Hope child are continues to go well. I'm looking forward to returning to work but anxious about someone else looking after Ava (even though it will be family).
    Miss X - Chelsea is adorable, love her little rolls. Already outgrowing size 0, Ava is still in 00! Great that she loves swimming. Good luck with mil looking after Chelsea. My mil is looking after Ava while I go to hairdresser today and then again tonight as we have an engagement party. I'm pleased she decided to stay at our house and that I won't have to spend an entire night away from Ava, I'm not ready for sleepovers just yet.
    Toni - River is so cute. She looks like she's enjoying her swing. Hopefully teething hasn't caused too much grief. Bummer about all day nausea, hopefully it's over soon. Dating scan coming up soon.
    Channy - how is Lincoln going?
    Bond - wow Meadow already showing signs of crawling. How's her sleep going?
    Wow our babies are growing so quickly! Ava has two bottom teeth which are rather sharp, she's sitting up on her own but showing no signs of trying to crawl or stand up. She loves to talk and loves music. Work approved my request to return 3 days a week. Looking to return in May. Here's a couple of recent pics of my little girl
    Attachment 50594
    Attachment 50595
    That's great that you can return part time those pics didn't work on my phone

Lincoln is going great thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybee...photos did not work for me either.

Now...when are we catching up again? And any other girls in Melbourne who want to catch up with Maybee and I (we are both lovely, by the way!)? I will try to re-enlist Sage and Tate too.

J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392977036.800050.jpg

It was lovely meeting Waiting and Caleb today.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toni- so sorry you're suffering with bad nausea this time. Must be so hard with River to look after too. I remember clearly being pregnant with Meadow and how tiring it was working all day then getting home and having to do dinner and the bedtime routine with Toby. And I didn't have the nausea! I hope it passes soon.

How do you think work will react when you tell them you're pregnant again after just going back?

River is looking gorgeous and has a lovely smile on her face in that swing!

Lil Smurfy- good luck with going back to work and putting Sienna in childcare. its very hard at first but they adjust so quick...quicker than you will I am betting! Is it full time or part time you are going back? Sienna is looking such a big girl now!

Waiting- How did Caleb's immunisations go? Is he sleeping any better? Its so hard when they wake every hour. I have been there frequently and usually just give up and have her in bed with me so at least I can feed lying down!

J- wow how scary that Lucy's alarm went off! Must have shocked her as well as you! I am sure she will be sitting on her own soon with some encouragement. Is she sleeping better now and not waking for the dummy so much?

MissXamA- glad Grandma had some success with getting Chelsea to sleep. I find myself getting anxious about other people (only DH atm) getting Meadow to sleep too as she only wants me. But then I think if all else fails and I am not there he can take her for a walk in the pram and this will keep her happy until she drifts off. Is that a good back up plan for you too?

I can't believe Chelsea is out of 0 already! She is growing so quick and looks very cute in her swimmers.

Channy-how are you and Lincoln doing?

Ponytail- welcome! So glad James is sleeping well for you at the moment. Make the most of it hun as it's likely to change when a wonder week hits hehehe. He is looking gorgeous. Did you make a decision re. expressing regularly?

Maybee- lovely pics of Ava! Have you got daycare lined up for May yet or do you have family to help out looking after her? I think 3 days is a lovely amount of time to go back to work.

AFM- well Meadow is 7.32 kg as of last week. Not sure where this falls in terms of percentiles as keep forgetting to check as I used a 'self serve' weighing machine. She looks fine to me anyway and is in 00 at 6 months. Sleep wise we are still having dramas. She goes to bed in the evening ok but then wakes loads while we are still up which makes it hard to relax and get any sort of down time. She doesn't want cuddling or patting just breastfeeding!!!! Though I just got her back to sleep by rocking her facing outwards laying on my arms...weird! She'll then wake every 2-3 hrs overnight. I am fed up with it but think there is not much I can do apart from wait for her to mature sleep wise. She just needs to be ready to sleep well but in the meantime I feel like S**t!!!

On the plus side my mum arrives from the UK on Weds. yay!!!! This means a lot of pressure off as she helps with housework cooking and looking after the kids. Just having someone to hold Meadow while I get on with things will be great. She is here for 6 or 7 weeks. Unfortunately she wont be able to put her to bed (as even I struggle to do that at the moment!!!) but we may be able to go out for a couple hours while she sits with the kids while they're in bed.

Work wise I am on leave until August but don't plan on going back as we are hoping to move to the Gold Coast mid year. I may then look for a job up there for a couple of days per week but only if DH also works part time as don't want to put the kids in childcare there at that stage. Toby starts pre-school next Feb so I feel it would be disruptive to do another new care arrangement from the time we move until then. Lots to organise in the next few months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sage 

For those like me who can't remember all the names
    MyLittleStar - 7/3/13 Max
    Eko -28/3/13 Flynn
    chocciequeen - 11/5/13 Axle
    Firsttimemummy2012 - 16/5/13 Valentina Celeste
    SageS - 24/5/13 Tate
    J37 - 5/6/13 Lucy Margaret
    button2012 - 10/6/13 Archie
    Dreamgirl - 16/6/13 Brody Manning Williams
    ToniS - 20/6/13 River Elisabeth
    FelH - 20/6/13 Hayden
    Swizzly55- 24/6/2013 Atticus John White
    Nila - 25/6/2013 Abigail and Tyler
    LilPetal - 27/6/2013 Eliana
    Maybee Baybee - 2/7/2013 Ava Jean
    LilSmurfy - 24/7/2013 Sienna Elise
    Loony - 29/7/13 Lucas Andrew
    Bondgirl - 15/8/13 Meadow Rose
    MissXamA - 28/8/13 Chelsea Olivia
    MsFaery - 9/9/13 Charlie
    Waitinghoping - 11/10/13 Caleb James
    Rainbow Road - 14/11/13 Toby Mark
    MichelleClareBear - 11/12/13 Aurora Leigh
    MrsLA -2/1/14 Rhett
    Jessie02 - 8/1/14 Max
    SquiggsMum - 14/1/14 Charlotte Rose and Madison Kelly
    ChannyV - 2/2/14 Lincoln
    Ponytail - 6/2/14 James
    Munchkin - 26/3/14 Poppi
    Wobbler - 5/4/14 (?) Ella

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ToniS; 11-04-2014 at 07:33.