+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 35.5 wks - plugged ears and fluid behind eardrum

Anyone had clogged/plugged ears during pregnancy. I seem to be having loads of fluid retention because of the hot weather and humidity lately in NQ, feet and hands swollen (i have obs appointment today so just going to raise this with him to make sure its not pre-ecclampsia but midwife told me earlier this week its probably the weather). The fluid retention seems to have spread since last week to behind my eardrums. Im pretty sure i dont have an ear infection but its so annoying, i feel like my head is stuck in an eternal fish tank, especially my left ear. tried to pinch my nose and blow to relieve some of the pressure but that only lasts a second then it pops back. anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get blocked ears a lot, bad today along with nausea and headaches seeing gp later. Did you find out cause?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, have this right now! Haven't been sick since December, GP says its often a preg related issue and to take panadol if its preventing me from sleeping (only hurts at night).

Similar Threads

1. Music to my ears...
    By babyla in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-12-2013, 19:35
  2. Could It Be Fluid? TMI
    By MyBubbaJack in forum Second Trimester Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-10-2013, 07:48
  3. Blocked ears?
    By rainbow road in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 4