+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I grew up in england & at primary school they had an outdoor pool. No showers either from memory, so that as always pretty unenjoyable (even though I loved swimming) & I always used to 'forget' my togs.

I remember at high school in the uk we had to change in the open area after sport & it was compulsary to use the communal showers. The teachers used to stand outside & check we were wet when we came out - so we used to just wrap ourselves in a towel, walk into the showers & wet our legs, arms & shoulders & walk out again, lol.

I found it really embarrasing, especially as I was already getting bullied, so I think kids should be allowed to use the cubicles if they want to.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old were the girls?!?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper82 View Post
    How old were the girls?!?

Why does that matter? If they are uncomfortable being naked infront of others than they should be allowed to have some privacy. In our house we don't do nudity after the age of 5.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 21-02-2014 at 18:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think anyone should be forced to be naked in a room full of people if they don't want to be.

When I was at school many, many years ago, we were allowed to use the toilets or cubicles if we wanted. I always did. I've always been a fairly modest person and the idea of being naked in front of the girls who bullied me, or my teacher horrified me! I wouldn't undress in a room full of strangers now, so am glad I was never forced to as a child/teen.

I remember being extremely happy I always used a cubicle when the pool manager changed when I was in year nine, and peep holes were found in the store room. In the wall it shared with the ladies change rooms. So the old pool manager, who was also the swimming club coach, who we all loved, had been perving on everyone for years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I understand them not being able to shower. They'd never get the kids back to school if they did that. But I don't get why they didn't just let the kids change in the change rooms?

Although I agree with PPs - I think teachers deserve the benefit of the doubt - there might have been reasons that you weren't aware of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Why does that matter? If they are uncomfortable being naked infront of others than they should be allowed to have some privacy. In our house we don't do nudity after the age of 5.
    there is a huge difference in self consciousness between a 5 year old and a 12 year old. I have taken 6 year olds on swimming lessons and they have happily changed in front of their peers and teachers and have also taught 11 year olds who I would allow privacy because their bodies are 'changing'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never really thought about this with my girls. I'll ask them tommorrow how they do it, as Im sure we have swimming coming up. They go to our local health club/gym for swimming, and take shampoo and conditioner for their hair, so definitely have showers.
    My DD10 wouldn't strip off in front of anyone except us, as she is just hitting puberty and quite concious of her breasts. My DD7 wouldnt really care, she'd happily spend all day naked!

Back in the dark ages when I was at primary school, I went to a farm school that had an indoor pool behind the chickens shed lol. We all changed in front of each other. High school was at the public pool, shut for our class for an hour, then we'd all change in the cubicles.

Boarding school however was a mad dash from the girls dorms to the pool and back in bathers and towel (and past the boys boarding house), and we just had our regular bathrooms. But up until Yr 10, you had to use the main bathroom which was a long wall of showers with a waist high barrier, where the girls lined up. Very open, definitely no peeing in the shower

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    -
    Last edited by Fiery; 11-03-2014 at 15:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper82 View Post
    there is a huge difference in self consciousness between a 5 year old and a 12 year old. I have taken 6 year olds on swimming lessons and they have happily changed in front of their peers and teachers and have also taught 11 year olds who I would allow privacy because their bodies are 'changing'.

I disagree.
    I had kids teased about their bodies at that turn into a eating disorder.

My kids at 5 know we don't get dressed in front of others. It a rule and for aspie child it would send her into a total meltdown.

There could be religious reasons.

There is no difference in my eyes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    As for developing my girls started at 8.