+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Levlen (pill) side effects?

What are your experiences with levlen?
    I've never taken it before and have just started this week after years of no pill.
    I've been feeling really bloated..I don't know if it's the pill...specifically levlen.. or other factors (I get ibs).
    I just feel full all the time and I feel like my anxiety is worsening. I've been taking it in the morning but it's worse by evening. .. To the point where I feel nauseated.
    Anyone experiencing this?
    (I took yasmin for years with no issue. .. But have learnt is quite controversial causing some serious side effects)

I've only been on it for 5 days but I'm already thinking of stopping. It's more to treat my endometriosis than birth control.
    Anyone??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took it for about 15 years. I put on about 5kg in the first few months on it & struggled to keep weight off whilst on it (although I managed with diet & exercise), bit I didn't have any other side effects that I can remember (I've been off bc for over 2 years though).

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (21-02-2014),Tamtam  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks. Hmmm.. weight gain is not what I need but I feel so full and bloated ask the time I don't want to eat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hated levlen with a passion. Makes me feel depressed and gives me the most god awful skin. For someone who rarely gets zits, it makes my face look terrible. Everyone is so different though, lots of people I know are fine on it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on it for (I can't remember exactly but) between 5-7years. The only thing i can think of was my own doing.

For a month or two I forgetting to take it so I would take them it at different times of the day. Then I tried to skip it but because I was so inconsistent it just delayed it by a week and I spotted for almost a month. After that I set an alarm on my phone to remind me everyday.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cantwaittobeamun For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I'm not going to take it tomorrow and see if I feel better I think. Ugh I feel so gross tonight.
    Sometimes I think it's just me overreacting. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took it with no real problems for 3yrs, came off to ttc ds. the only issues I had-extremely emotional.the first month or two. And if I tried to skip withdrawl bleeds, i ended up with excruciating headaches until I let it happen.

Went on out when ds was 6mnths as the mini pill was causing spotting every 10days... I continued to spot on levlen. We upped the dosage, and still continued spotting mid cycle so went off it after trying to persevere for almost 12 months.

we are currently ttc #2, and im considering no bc afterwards... :/

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been back on it for 3 months & am seriously considering trying something else... I felt nauseous for the first 3 or so weeks & I am pretty sure it is why I am having horrible mood swings now. Time to organise a GP visit I think.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm better on it. I have PCO and it controls a lot of those issues. My skin is better and I crave chocolate less.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Dragon View Post
    I've been back on it for 3 months & am seriously considering trying something else... I felt nauseous for the first 3 or so weeks & I am pretty sure it is why I am having horrible mood swings now. Time to organise a GP visit I think.

This is exactly me. . pretty much. I've only been on it 5 days.

Thanks ladies.