+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Transitioning from Basinet to Cot

DD is 5.5 months and has just about outgrown her basinet.
    Im a bit nervous about putting her in the cot. She currently sleeps in a Love to Swaddle but from what I read and been told, once they start rolling over, they should not be swaddled anymore?

Does anyone have any tips or advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the exact situation as you and have also been told to stop swaddling due to rolling and moving him into his cot. I have tried a few times without over the last few days but he loves having his hands round his face and keeps waking himself up. I tried sleepy wings which are just the hands around his face instead of the whole swaddle but that also recommends to stop using when rolling. I am starting with the day sleeps and will gradually do night over the next week or two once he is used to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I transitioned both mine to cot I started with day sleeps for a week or so, then moved to nights aswell. Some bassinet's remove from the base, so you could put the bassinet in the cot to start if that would work. And yes, I stopped swaddling when bubs started rolling as a matter of safety. With DS2 this was quite early - around 4 months. He didn't sleep very well to start, but eventually got used to being unswaddled and slept longer.