+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Travelling Australia with a 8-12m old

Hi, we are travelling around Australia for 4months with our little boy at the start he will be 8months and by the end 12 months. We are going to do most of the driving around sleep times however there will be some days where we will be doing big drives. We would do plenty of stops but still be in the car for hours at a time. What would be great for entertainment? Are there any toys that babies at this age love? What have you found great travelling long distances with babies? Any tips would be great!! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like an awesome idea! Where are you travelling within Australia? 4 months doesn't seem long enough to do the entire coast line.

One thing I always stick by is never stop when the baby is asleep, because 1. the moment you stop, they'll wake, and 2. use the stop wisely, i.e. when you most need it.

Obviously DVD players are good. I'd probably go for the head rest kind as they'll most likely kick it when having a bit of a spat.

Tie things to the car seat so when it drops, you or him can easily pick it up by pulling on the cord. Langyards are great for this.

No "wet" food i.e. yoghurt- it's a bugger to get out of the car and smells. Have biscuits, apples, bread things like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're doing a 2 month road trip with a 7-8 month old so I'm subbing. She's only 3 months at the moment so I have no idea what she'll be like by then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SimplyMum for some ideas and tips! The lanyard idea is a good one as he already has the habbit of throwing things. My bub has just turned 5m so trying to prepare in advance. We have been around aus before (but without bub) and I think you could do it in 2 years and still not see everything so we are just going coastal