+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default constant whinging and crying

my 2yr old daughter constantly whinges and crys at my over the littlest thing and i dont know what to do.

for example, ill get her and her sister (3yr old) a drink and the whole time she will whinge at me, then she will start crying while im pouring the drink like she thinks she isnt getting one.

another one is i say its bath time and she starts whinging and whinges the whole time in the bath once and same thing if i give her a shower.

its doing my head in, here sister doesnt do this.

anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My youngest is 2 and she whinges a lot too. So freaking annoying!!!! DS wasn't like this at all (he's 7 now but even at 2 he wasn't like this). She's the worst in the morning. I have started to just ignore and walk away when she starts as I feel like my head will explode if I try to negotiate with her. She is happy a lot of the time, but she can turn so suddenly. I'm hoping she'll just grow out of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2yr old is like this altbough no siblings. Im lucky if I can go 15min witbout her whinging about something!! They often turn into tanty's which doesnt help my sanity!! Sorry no tips for as I am at a loss also, but I sympathise and hope that it gets better for you soon

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firedad View Post

my 2yr old daughter constantly whinges and crys at my over the littlest thing and i dont know what to do.

for example, ill get her and her sister (3yr old) a drink and the whole time she will whinge at me, then she will start crying while im pouring the drink like she thinks she isnt getting one.

another one is i say its bath time and she starts whinging and whinges the whole time in the bath once and same thing if i give her a shower.

its doing my head in, here sister doesnt do this.

anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
    What does she whinge about when you pour her a drink...like what does she say ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have some whinging from my 2 yo dd. She will whinge cry that she wants brown teddy, if you get it she then whinge cries that she wants purple teddy and so it goes on. It happens mainly at bed time and when she is over tired. I end up just sitting quietly and waiting for her to cry it out. It does do my head in a bit when I am tired having been at work and just want to sit and have quiet mummy time. I am hoping it is just a phase.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsHoward View Post
    What does she whinge about when you pour her a drink...like what does she say ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII.

(I know this kid)

She doesn't talk, especially not when she whinges. It's just wahhherrrarrrwahhh then she tantrums.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

firedad  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    feel better knowing its not only happening to me.

ive tried ignoring her but she keeps on going and going and going, it gets really frustrating hearing it all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd just turned 2 and she has started whinging non stop! And if she doesnt get what she wants right then she screeeeems so loud my ear drums feel like they'll burst. She has always been a screamer but the whinging is new. It is extremely irritating but I know its just the age. I try to stay calm & use simple sentences. Sometimes it works and she calms down and waits patiently, other times it aggrevates her. What can you do but try? Haha.

My mum gave me great advice about dealing with a toddler.. pick and choose your battles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm
    Immature and I whinge back at DS3. I tell him I can't understand him when he whinges. Isn't really helping as he's still a huge whiner. I'm hoping he gets the message soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was like this at a similar age. He improved dramatically as soon as he turned 2 and his talking got better, it was like a flick switched overnight. He could speak in proper sentences and didn't tantrum at the smallest thing.

Now he's 3 and I'm dealing with him repeating himself over and over until I acknowledge what he's saying. It's doing my head in too!