+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will be sending you all the positive thoughts I can.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    So in a ****ty turn of events it looks like I will be going through the amnio alone My mum was meant to be looking after the boys for a couple of hours but she just rang and said her work wont allow her leave due to compulsory training. We don't have anybody else who can do it so looks like dh will be looking after our kids while I go have it done then take me home afterwards.
    Oh no PL, I absolutely know what that feels like, is there nobody even a neighbour or babysitting agency that could help you out?I really do hate to think of you going through that by yourself.

If worse comes to worse please make sure you go and sit somewhere quietly to calm down for awhile before driving, but I hope it doesn't come to that, feeling for you, huge hugs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be sending you all the positive thoughts I can.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Fx they come back fine for you
    Sending you positive vibes Purple Lily

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you so much for all the support

Mokey we do have a sitter service around here but this is one of those weeks where car rego and power are due so we wouldn't have the money for anything like that Have never met our neighbours either...have seen them but they're extra crabby oldies. I think I will be ok...will be ****ting myself but I guess that's how it has to be. Dh will be driving me home and he has the day after off aswell so will basicallly be lounging around after it

Thanks again for all the kind words xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been following along but I didn't have anything to add. But is it worth looking into the hospital to see if they have a crèche?? I know there not always ideal but our women's hospital has one you can use for appointments.

If your in perth I'd hold your hand or watch your kids at the park.

With DS my bloods put me at higher risk but at 1:312 they wouldn't offer amnio publicly so that made our decision. I'm 9 weeks now and stressing over the same thing happening again. Fingers crossed

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think the NT scans are very accurate at all so I wouldn't worry too much hun. The slightest thing can through the results out.
    With DS, I had a 1:260 chance of downs and with DD I had a 1:169 chance of T13 which is much worse. Both were a lot higher risk than should have been for my age. I decided not to have amnio both times due to MC risk. We now have a perfectly healthy 2.5 yo son and a precious healthy 3 week old baby girl.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lisas854 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    I have been following along but I didn't have anything to add. But is it worth looking into the hospital to see if they have a crèche?? I know there not always ideal but our women's hospital has one you can use for appointments.

If your in perth I'd hold your hand or watch your kids at the park.

With DS my bloods put me at higher risk but at 1:312 they wouldn't offer amnio publicly so that made our decision. I'm 9 weeks now and stressing over the same thing happening again. Fingers crossed
    Aww thanks for your sweet offer I'm in the NT so far away from pretty much everybody! Unfortunately our hospital doesn't have a crèche...because the amnio is so early everybody has something to do but no way am I changing the date or time I can't wait any longer lol

Fx you have nothing to stress about xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lisas854 View Post
    I don't think the NT scans are very accurate at all so I wouldn't worry too much hun. The slightest thing can through the results out.
    With DS, I had a 1:260 chance of downs and with DD I had a 1:169 chance of T13 which is much worse. Both were a lot higher risk than should have been for my age. I decided not to have amnio both times due to MC risk. We now have a perfectly healthy 2.5 yo son and a precious healthy 3 week old baby girl.
    My scan actually showed a perfect nuchal fold, it was only 1.88mm so that's what I keep focusing on It was just my bloods that showed the high risk because of a low papp-a

Oh and congrats on you newest little bundle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wondering how you are feeling? When was/is your appointment? Been thinking about you, hope you are ok.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (03-03-2014)