+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Oh PL sending you a big
    I don't have personal experience, just another positive anecdote- a friend was given a 1 in 4 chance of downs and had a perfectly healthy son. Another was given a 1 in 26 chance of downs and again, perfectly healthy child. Actually, I know a fair few people deemed "high risk" after the NT scan and bloods and not one has had a DS child or child with any sort of problem or issue.
    Thank you so much Every positive story I read or hear about helps a lot xo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to reply to offer you some support.
    I went through the same thing with my DD nearly 4 years ago now. I too didn't have anyone come with me as I though it was all routine and never expected the results I received. DD risk for Downs was 1:32. Being upset is not at all over reacting, I was exactly the same. I was beside myself and crying, I get horrendous morning sickness with my pregnancies (was in hospital with DD) and couldn't believe that this was happening on top of being so sick. The sonographer had a terrible bedside manner and she didn't even discuss the details of my bloods which I later worked out and I was the one asking questions about the amnio etc, she was not forthcoming or supportive at all.
    The not knowing is what messed with me the most with continual morning sickness and waiting 2 weeks for the amnio was terribly difficult. We too wanted to know so this was the option we chose. The Dr who performed the amnio was amazing, he was wonderful and he performs almost 1000 amnios yearly and he said the year prior he had one woman miscarry so those odds were far higher than the 1 in 200 that is often talked about. It was a little uncomfortable however not painful. We opted for the FIsH results and DD was given the all clear. I will say it ruined the rest of the pregnancy for 'me' as I couldn't help but be worried that there must be something wrong and it didn't help that I hardly felt her kick during the pregnancy however she is a very healthy three year old now. My results were partly bloods but also a high nuchal fold(it was over 3mm but can't remember the exact measurement now). The fact that your bubs measurement all look perfect and it is only bloods is a very very good indication that all will be fine. Big hugs to you and I hope that the results give your bb the all clear

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbo For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (23-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you for your sharing Kimbo, you have described so much of what I'm feeling at the moment

Even if the results come back fine I just know I am going to stress all the way through. At the moment I am laying hear freaking out that the placenta Isn't doing It's job right now and that the baby is going to pass away before I even get to the amnio I know either way I can't help what happens either way but I still can't seem to snap out of these morbid feelings and thoughts I guess I just don't feel comfortable with how low that papp-a number was.

Only 8 days to go until the amnio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry I think I'm just having one of those days where all the overhelming feelings are really getting to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Something my gp said really stuck with me - the bloods only reflect one day of your pregnancy. Your Papp-a could have gone up the next day after the bloods.

Try not to worry about what hasn't happened yet. Take it one step at a time. The next step is the amnio, research the hell out of it, empower yourself with knowledge, and get through that before you terrify yourself with the what ifs.

Big hugs hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am having my blood test tomorrow then going to my gp to get the results early next week and will discuss the results with my dr and then have the nuchal fold scan the following week in which I will be taking the results with me. I have a lot more understanding of the bloods this time and won't be as worried as I was first time round if it is just my bloods that indicate high risk again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    Something my gp said really stuck with me - the bloods only reflect one day of your pregnancy. Your Papp-a could have gone up the next day after the bloods.

Try not to worry about what hasn't happened yet. Take it one step at a time. The next step is the amnio, research the hell out of it, empower yourself with knowledge, and get through that before you terrify yourself with the what ifs.

Big hugs hun x
    I've been googling a lot about the procedure and low papp-a and every time I do it actually makes me feel better....but then 5 minutes later I'm worrying again That's just the kind if person I am though, I always think and expect bad news. But every day I do feel that little bit more optimistic about it all Dh will also be reading up about the amnio and all that so that will also make me feel less alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I am having my blood test tomorrow then going to my gp to get the results early next week and will discuss the results with my dr and then have the nuchal fold scan the following week in which I will be taking the results with me. I have a lot more understanding of the bloods this time and won't be as worried as I was first time round if it is just my bloods that indicate high risk again.
    Fx they come back fine for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So in a ****ty turn of events it looks like I will be going through the amnio alone My mum was meant to be looking after the boys for a couple of hours but she just rang and said her work wont allow her leave due to compulsory training. We don't have anybody else who can do it so looks like dh will be looking after our kids while I go have it done then take me home afterwards.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    So in a ****ty turn of events it looks like I will be going through the amnio alone My mum was meant to be looking after the boys for a couple of hours but she just rang and said her work wont allow her leave due to compulsory training. We don't have anybody else who can do it so looks like dh will be looking after our kids while I go have it done then take me home afterwards.
    Oh hon. Hugs. I hope it's over quickly and you can get on with enjoying your pregnancy. X

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (28-02-2014)