+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    As a kindergarten teacher (first formal year if schooling in NSW) I would like pre schools to focus on school readiness techniques. Things such as managing belongings, taking off and putting on jumpers, opening packaging on food etc.

Most importantly I'd love them to focus on social and emotional resilience, conflict resolution, making friends, how to approach and join in games, asking an adult for help and techniques to manage feelings of being left out.

I'm not overly concerned with pre schools teaching letters, numbers etc. basic shapes, colours and writing their name is sufficient.

This would happen in my perfect world!!!
    This is exactly what I want my son's preschool to teach him! These are all things we can cover at home, but being confident to do them in an environment that is away from home is what he needs.

I am not so worried about formal academics at this age, I want him to focus on play for man years yet, while learning life skills to be confident and resiliant as he moves towards full time schooling

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (20-02-2014)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At this stage all I want my dd to learn to be confident in doing things on her own and interacting with others. And to also try to write her own name at this stage I just want her to have fun and make some friends before all the drama of school life begins

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app