+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Zero sympathy here as well, how can it be anything other than murder.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-02-2014),KaraB  (25-02-2014),SoThisIsLove  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    Exactly. That's what I was trying to say...take his background and age out of this and see what you are left with.
    He WAITED until he was alone with the baby. He didn't just snap, and hurt his child. He didn't suddenly react badly to his baby crying, or any of the other excuses that are often made when a baby is hurt. He had been helping care for the baby for nearly a month, under the watchful eye of the staff. This wasn't a case of a teen dad at home with a new baby and NFI of what he was doing.
    He had his first window of opportunity after nearly a month, and he took it. That's pre-meditation right there surely.
    Yep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Rip little one.
    The system failed two boys here.

"The 15-year-old father - who himself was under the care of the state - has been charged with aggravated grievous bodily harm."

The father is a minor, under the care of the state, a side from the whispers he shouldn't have been at the hospital anyway what was a troubled youth doing out on his own in the first place.

Had he had appropriate supervision maybe this little baby would still be here
    So it's the 'States' fault (I'm sure you mean Child protection) because he wasn't kept under lock and key? Clearly your statement is made from a total lack of knowledge surrounding what Child Protection actually have the authority to do.

The system didn't fail anything. This kid at 15 knew damn well what he was doing. He waited for an opportunity to harm his child and acted it out. I don't feel a shred of sympathy for him at all.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014),Mod-Degrassi  (26-02-2014),NoteToSelf  (25-02-2014),Purple Lily  (25-02-2014),Serenity Love  (05-03-2014),shelle65  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    So it's the 'States' fault (I'm sure you mean Child protection) because he wasn't kept under lock and key? Clearly your statement is made from a total lack of knowledge surrounding what Child Protection actually have the authority to do.

The system didn't fail anything. This kid at 15 knew damn well what he was doing. He waited for an opportunity to harm his child and acted it out. I don't feel a shred of sympathy for him at all.
    Agree. People seem to think dept clients should be followed every second on the day, every day by workers. From what I've read he was 'troubled', he didn't have a psychiatric illness. Most kids in care are troubled and most go on to not hurt their kids.

This young couple was closely monitored by hospital and dept staff in the month they were there. Clearly the fact they were going home saying the hospital felt they were ready.

He knew what he was doing and waited for the moment he was alone to hurt his son. How about we blame him? But I think it's easier to blame workers all the time than to admit even young people can made horrific decisions, knowing full well what they are doing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (25-02-2014),KaraB  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wish to god he would be charged with premeditated murder. I don't believe for a second that he didn't know what he was doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post

Totally agree. I'm tired of the department getting the blame all the time.
    I don't have an ounce of sympathy for the father (if you call him that).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry I disagree, the state failed this boy long before this incident. His actions were disgusting and I am not defending them, however I do wonder if he had got help earlier if this little angel would still be with us.
    How is a human meant to show love and compassion when they have not experienced it themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry I disagree, the state failed this boy long before this incident. His actions were disgusting and I am not defending them, however I do wonder if he had got help earlier if this little angel would still be with us.
    How is a human meant to show love and compassion when they have not experienced it themselves.
    How do you know that he hasn't experienced love and compassion?

Or how do you know that it wasn't his parents that failed him?

There are thousands of kids who are in The Departments care. They don't all go around murdering their babies.

I'm actually so very sick and tired of The Department being blamed every time something goes wrong, usually by uneducated members of the public!

For all those who need to blame Child Protection, why don't you get out there and help out. Foster carers and desperately needed, or get in the Community Services sector- God knows they are screaming for workers.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

delirium  (25-02-2014),mishh  (25-02-2014),Mokeybear  (25-02-2014),Serenity Love  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tragic, just tragic. But often when people are unloved, abused, tortured when they are little they turn out to be damaged humans. If you want to point the finger, then blame not only lays with the kid, but with his parents as well. It is all very well to say "he shouldn't do this, he shouldn't do that". Of course he shouldn't, but humans are complicated - messed up, suffer abuse, mental illness etc. Most 15 year olds don't carry out this kind of horrific attack and I bet it has a lot to do with his life up until this point.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

babyla  (25-02-2014),twotrunks  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    How do you know the state failed him?? How about looking at his parents, who from reports neglected and abused him. How is that the dept's fault?

With respect you really don't know what happens with workers. These people do care. Would you work 60 hours a week getting 50k to get death threats and see child abuse if you didn't genuinely want to make a difference?

CP is the scapegoat all the time, often by parents who refuse to take responsibility for not looking after their kids properly. I would love you to work a week for them then get back to me.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-02-2014)