+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How distressing. That poor, poor young mother. I hope she has a good relationship with her mother, someone that can bundle her up and give her the biggest and warmest hug. Being a parent is tough, being a young parent is tougher and no-one should ever have to bury a child. Thinking of all who is involved in this sad sad story.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Just read an article ( sorry on ph can't link) advising life support will be switched off on the weekend

Was it this one?

''It won't survive': bashed newborn's grandfather reveals heartbreaking pain'

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/it...219-32zy9.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Completely agree! I saw the father of the teenage father on the news last night saying how unstable his son is and how he can't understand how he had been allowed near the child. What I was thinking was "where have you been, your his father, what sort of father have you been" Makes me mad how the department is blamed so much. This incident was not predictable.
    I think that is the mother's father who was on the news.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to penny92 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Completely agree! I saw the father of the teenage father on the news last night saying how unstable his son is and how he can't understand how he had been allowed near the child. What I was thinking was "where have you been, your his father, what sort of father have you been" Makes me mad how the department is blamed so much. This incident was not predictable.
    The boys father was on the news?? Do you have a link?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    The boys father was on the news?? Do you have a link?
    Sorry it was the mothers father.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for my rant I just get frustrated that the dept cops a hiding all.the.time. They investigate 'supposed' innocent families and people hate them for that. They don't catch every child and some fall through the cracks and they cop a beating. The pressure and case load is unbelievable. Many run with 35+ families at any one time.[/QUOTE]

It's probably more the government that doesn't fund the department properly, but I am sorry, I don't think the department should be blameless. I have heard of workers pushing to send children back to their families even though there was a strong, long history of violence, drug abuse and mental illness in the family. It's worse for indigenous kids than others because there aren't enough carers and they want indigenous kids in indigenous families.

I don't believe that this 'wasn't a predictable event'. They'd had meetings about the family and had restricted the fathers visitations to a time when lots of staff were on. It would seem that they believed he would need supervision. I think the department should have been supervising his visits and I would hazard a guess that he was meant to be supervised but staffing pressure meant someone had dropped the ball. Sounds like they are covering their butts.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a distressing story!! OMG i just can't even imagine it. DS was born 8 weeks prem, and they are just so delicate and precious..... I can't understand how anyone could do this. A 15 year old knows that doing this is wrong. This sounds completely premeditated and cunning which is proof he knew it was wrong and tried to cover it up. He made out he was giving CPR .... the whole story just makes me feel sick, I cant even begin to imagine what the mother and family of that poor baby is going through. Stories like this are infuriating.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    I have cried every day for this little baby since hearing the report on the news. I can't bring myself to read any more articles - has life support been turned off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw it on the news.

May your beautiful little soul forever rest in peace little baby.