+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Child protection can't be blamed here. From everything I have read, he showed no sign of being a risk to the child. Workers aren't clairvoyant. We talk on here about the fact teens can still be wonderful parents. But then blame the dept when a child dies to a teen parent.

Where is the ownership of the parents? and not just in this case, but in all cases of abuse. Many people that abuse their kids don't have a MI. They are not psychotic, they know right from wrong. The dept is spread so thin, I don't think the general public realises how much. They are also bound to the courts. They can't remove a child without firm proof, and without the permission of a judge.

I think our society has become one where we don't take ownership for our actions and always want to blame something or someone else. Barring psychosis, which I'm reading this boy did not have, he knew what he was doing. Yes he's had a sh*t life. I worked with these very kids for a decade so I feel I qualify to have an opinion. Their life is an explanation, not an excuse.

Sorry for my rant I just get frustrated that the dept cops a hiding all.the.time. They investigate 'supposed' innocent families and people hate them for that. They don't catch every child and some fall through the cracks and they cop a beating. The pressure and case load is unbelievable. Many run with 35+ families at any one time.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (20-02-2014),Anjalee  (19-02-2014),atomicmama  (20-02-2014),Chippa  (20-02-2014),KaraB  (20-02-2014),mamajess  (19-02-2014),mamaof4  (19-02-2014),Purple Lily  (19-02-2014),singlemumma82  (22-02-2014),sockstealingpoltergeist  (19-02-2014),Strawberry Kisses  (19-02-2014),Stretched  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    Interesting MrsBid, do you know how High Need babies are looked after? Do they have individual rooms, or are more like a ward? I'm assuming they would send NICU/SC babies elsewhere perhaps, as I remember several patient transport ambulances with humdicribs come in to NICU.
    High needs babies are sent to perth if they need that kind of care. Bunbury regional doesnt have the staff or the resources for it

Most babies if they need monitoring at bunbury will be kept in the nursery but judging by the fact that they were going home the next day I would say the baby would be in with its mother. Two of my bubs needed extra care one was in a billy ruben crib and another needed sugar level monitoring and they were always in with my in my room
    Last edited by MrsBid; 19-02-2014 at 21:02.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

mamaof4  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    High needs babies are sent to perth if they need that kind of care. Bunbury regional doesnt have the staff or the resources for it

Most babies if they need monitoring at bunbury will be kept in the nursery but judging by the fact that they were going home the next day I would say the baby would be in with its mother. Two of my bubs needed extra care one was in a billy ruben crib and another needed sugar level monitoring and they were always in with my in my room
    Thanks for clarifying. That's good that you can have your baby in with you, as I know here the babies that needed the Billi cribs had to stay in SC, even if you were still in hospital.

That updated article seem to be saying that that the father was not supossed to have much access, but that the family ok'ed it,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerCjxo View Post
    You say try can't remove a child with out adequate proof but I've seen it happen so many times. I've had it happen to me personally without proof all because a nurse the ex of my BIL called them and told them LIES and because she was a nurse they took it seriously I fought for months in court to be listened to, to have a voice! I won but it took time. I was just lucky to have been able to live with our DD during all of this. But she was not legally in my care but in my nanas. I had a family paed, a family doctor and a chn all of whom had known me from all 3 of my children and from my family tell child protection that I had not ever and would never hurt my daughter. Yet they still removed her and put court orders on me. So I beg to differ they can and will remove a child without proof and they can tear families apart.
    I can't speak for your situation, but many families are not honest with those around them as to the real reasons for removal. They deny blame, minimise their role. I have no idea of the issues surrounding your child's removal. All I know is that as a previous worker, there are way more than need to be removed but aren't than those that don't deserve it. The dept doesn't want to remove for no reason. It's an additional case ( I know that sounds horrible but it's true) and it's a cost to the dept to house them in foster care or residential homes. And... despite what people think, we know the research says kids are far better with parents that have fixed their issues that permanently in care.

I stand by my previous comments. It's actually somewhat difficult to get orders and you need proof. I'm sorry you have had a bad experience, but in my experience, workers are extremely meticulous with the process.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-02-2014),VicPark  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Delirium I certainly wasn't bashing CP for my part, I think they need more staff and more resources and to be able to do lore than they currently can. And I agree they are bound by the courts, as
    Many of us are, which is why is advocate for lobbying to change the family law system (again) to better protect families from violence. And I think it is Getting more and more likely given the awful stuff that's been happening lately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    Delirium I certainly wasn't bashing CP for my part, I think they need more staff and more resources and to be able to do lore than they currently can. And I agree they are bound by the courts, as
    Many of us are, which is why is advocate for lobbying to change the family law system (again) to better protect families from violence. And I think it is Getting more and more likely given the awful stuff that's been happening lately.
    I know it was more a general frustration that whenever a child dies, that CP is blamed rather than directing blame to the people that caused the abuse. And yes, there has been some terrible deaths lately and I fully agree a massive overhaul of the legal system is needed in regard to DV

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The system needs an overhaul with more funding more workers and more help! But this wasn't their fault they weren't to know this boy in particular was going to hurt his baby having said that he did hurt the mother so this could have been prevented with a court order for him to stay away. From what I've seen if child protection are completely against DV especially around children so he should not have been there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerCjxo View Post
    Well I can assure you that there was no need for my DDs removal and once we beat the system and moved away and the case was transferred the department in the new town where so shocked by it all they closed the case early with an apology. So I'm not saying they are all bad I'm just saying that some prefer the "easy" cases while the hard ones are left forgotten.
    I'm genuinely sorry you had such a crap experience. But I assure you that isn't the norm. In the offices I worked in workers were extremely thorough and fair and certainly weren't in the business of removing kids from loving homes. It sounds like you were very unfortunate

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-02-2014),KaraB  (20-02-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Child protection can't be blamed here. From everything I have read, he showed no sign of being a risk to the child. Workers aren't clairvoyant. We talk on here about the fact teens can still be wonderful parents. But then blame the dept when a child dies to a teen parent.

Where is the ownership of the parents? and not just in this case, but in all cases of abuse. Many people that abuse their kids don't have a MI. They are not psychotic, they know right from wrong. The dept is spread so thin, I don't think the general public realises how much. They are also bound to the courts. They can't remove a child without firm proof, and without the permission of a judge.

I think our society has become one where we don't take ownership for our actions and always want to blame something or someone else. Barring psychosis, which I'm reading this boy did not have, he knew what he was doing. Yes he's had a sh*t life. I worked with these very kids for a decade so I feel I qualify to have an opinion. Their life is an explanation, not an excuse.

Sorry for my rant I just get frustrated that the dept cops a hiding all.the.time. They investigate 'supposed' innocent families and people hate them for that. They don't catch every child and some fall through the cracks and they cop a beating. The pressure and case load is unbelievable. Many run with 35+ families at any one time.
    Completely agree! I saw the father of the teenage father on the news last night saying how unstable his son is and how he can't understand how he had been allowed near the child. What I was thinking was "where have you been, your his father, what sort of father have you been" Makes me mad how the department is blamed so much. This incident was not predictable.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just read an article ( sorry on ph can't link) advising life support will be switched off on the weekend

16. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (20-02-2014)