+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I wasn't looking at it from the underage angle and that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Can't agree sorry I have raised three boys past the age of 15 and each and every one of them knew that assaulting a baby was the very wrong thing to do.

I judge him, I would also recommend you read Vic Parks link as it's time we all did start judging these monsters and stop making excuses for them.

The victim here is the child and his mother.

I'm sure your 15 year olds and most 15 year olds know hurting a baby is wrong. I am not saying it is excusable, I'm not saying that the baby is not the victim. I have read the article, I agree wholeheartedly with it. However, I have also worked with extremely disadvantaged youths. I have seen total destruction in children that should never have ever been allowed to happen. I have seen that destruction be carried on by those who should have been protected.
    To compare a well adjusted teen with one who has been neglected and abused is like comparing apples and jack hammers.

We can judge all we want, it achieves nothing. Get out into your community and do something. Campaign for better mental health services. Foster a child so they don't spend their childhood living in a home thinking the world hates them. Donate time or money to youth programs. Volunteer at a homeless shelter or food van. Just do something. It may change your view on how 'judging a monster' is so pointless when said monster is a child.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD Mumma For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (06-03-2014),ChickyBee  (19-02-2014),Leafy  (19-02-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post

I'm wondering along those lines because DCF have been involved from the start and have been very quick to strip the mum of her rights to make decisions for her son, there does seem to be a lot missing to the story.

That boy must have a heart of stone.
    It wasn't bc they were minors, both kids were CP clients themselves. So they would have had Case workers before she even got pg. Then once she did, obviously they stayed under dept care.

Quote Originally Posted by JD Mumma View Post
    Wow I didn't realise you were there.

How do you know he didn't react badly? How do you know he premeditated this?
    Reports from hospital staff was there were zero signs of abuse or concerning behaviour from the father before it happened. These staff are trained to spot child abuse. The fact there were no issues raised in a whole month, then the moment she leaves he hurts the baby is pretty clear it was deliberate and premeditated.

Yes these kids have shocking lives. But at 15 they know right from wrong.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014),Serenity Love  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    It wasn't bc they were minors, both kids were CP clients themselves. So they would have had Case workers before she even got pg. Then once she did, obviously they stayed under dept care.

Reports from hospital staff was there were zero signs of abuse or concerning behaviour from the father before it happened. These staff are trained to spot child abuse. The fact there were no issues raised in a whole month, then the moment she leaves he hurts the baby is pretty clear it was deliberate and premeditated.

Yes these kids have shocking lives. But at 15 they know right from wrong.
    The article I read, and I can't find it sorry, implied the baby had no tall chance of survival and the speediest way, because of their ages as well, of making the decision to turn the machine off was to allow dcp to make all decisions. With the decisions being made after consulting with medical staff, government staff AND the mother of the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    The article I read, and I can't find it sorry, implied the baby had no tall chance of survival and the speediest way, because of their ages as well, of making the decision to turn the machine off was to allow dcp to make all decisions. With the decisions being made after consulting with medical staff, government staff AND the mother of the baby.
    oh yes, the dept made the decision about life support bc the mother is a minor. But it was said (maybe I quoted the wrong person) that the Dept became involved bc they were minors having a baby. I was saying they were already dept clients themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JD Mumma View Post
    I'm sure your 15 year olds and most 15 year olds know hurting a baby is wrong. I am not saying it is excusable, I'm not saying that the baby is not the victim. I have read the article, I agree wholeheartedly with it. However, I have also worked with extremely disadvantaged youths. I have seen total destruction in children that should never have ever been allowed to happen. I have seen that destruction be carried on by those who should have been protected.
    To compare a well adjusted teen with one who has been neglected and abused is like comparing apples and jack hammers.

We can judge all we want, it achieves nothing. Get out into your community and do something. Campaign for better mental health services. Foster a child so they don't spend their childhood living in a home thinking the world hates them. Donate time or money to youth programs. Volunteer at a homeless shelter or food van. Just do something. It may change your view on how 'judging a monster' is so pointless when said monster is a child.
    While I agree with nearly all your post in theory, in this case it seems the boy saw an opportunity and took it, why? It doesn't matter to me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel sorry for all involved, including the father. I hate hearing stories like this and I'm so sorry he wasn't helped earlier so this wouldn't happen. (I'm not making excuses for this behaviour at all it was disgusting, just feel sorry that he too had a troubled past, imagine being abandoned by your own mother)
    I'm hoping he just accidentally dropped the baby ( leg and head injuries) but I think that's just wishful thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    oh yes, the dept made the decision about life support bc the mother is a minor. But it was said (maybe I quoted the wrong person) that the Dept became involved bc they were minors having a baby. I was saying they were already dept clients themselves.
    Ah I see. I think we are both right. Yeah they were both under care. I originally meant they got involved because they were minors having a baby, dcp are meant to be notified if both are under 18 I think it is, even though they already were. I was just stating a fact i read.

This is the main bit I meant:

And because of the issue of the age and the decision making the mother (because quite frankly the baby has no father just a sperm donor) was not of age to make the decisions required.

I am assuming dcp were distancing themselves from the care giving side of things of the baby and allowing the baby's parents the freedom to be parents. Even though the disgrace to human existence in question was restricted to visiting hours only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/2...y-bash-charge/

How terrible for everyone involved. I really don't understand how no one was around for this to happen though?
    the baby was due to be released the next day and the baby was no longer in nicu or special care nursery and was essentially at the point of having the mother "room in" or present most of the time for bonding purposes and to ensure the baby was feeding well. So supervision would have been relaxed. That's my experience with a prem anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    the baby was due to be released the next day and the baby was no longer in nicu or special care nursery and was essentially at the point of having the mother "room in" or present most of the time for bonding purposes and to ensure the baby was feeding well. So supervision would have been relaxed. That's my experience with a prem anyway.
    That's the scenario I imagined too.

He'd clearly lulled everyone into a false sense of trust. He had been visiting the child regularly and probably appeared to be an involved and caring dad, despite his issues.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014)