+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    I know I'll get flamed for this but I just feel pure anger at that f*cking kid who did this! I don't CARE if he was 'troubled' I don't care if he was 15. Lock him up!! Seriously wtf?? :/ That poor little baby. There's just no reason in the f*cking world that makes it excusable or understandable. If he can do that to a tiny helpless baby - his own child no less, he shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets. Grr.
    I fully agree!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    That is tragic, for everyone involved I am in no way excusing the fathers behaviour, what he did is absolutely abhorrent however I think it's important to remember that he is still a child himself. Just so tragic
    I was a child when I had my first too I would have never dreamt of hurting him. His behaviour no matter how young or "mentally ill" he was is inexcusable.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    So terribly sad

Another article said that he'd previously assaulted the child's mother, so I'm a bit surprised he was allowed unsupervised contact with the baby.

Having said that though, I think the Mum had only ducked out for a short amount of time though, to heat up some food, so maybe staff weren't aware he was alone with the baby?
    Ahh see? Little punk. Just lock him up already. See but 'cause he's the father he has to practically kill his child before anyone will say oh maybe he shouldn't have unsupervised access. That poor baby and his mother

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerCjxo View Post
    I was a child when I had my first too I would have never dreamt of hurting him. His behaviour no matter how young or "mentally ill" he was is inexcusable.
    I never said it was excusable, I'm simply pointing out that he's a 15 year old kid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    I never said it was excusable, I'm simply pointing out that he's a 15 year old kid.
    If you're not saying that his age is an excuse what is your point then?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (19-02-2014),SoThisIsLove  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    If you're not saying that his age is an excuse what is your point then?
    Forget it, you're all intent on a witch hunt. The point I am making is that he is a CHILD. I'm not saying that this fact in any way excuses his behaviour but maybe some of you should remember that when you're calling for him to be locked up for the rest of his life. How many teenagers do you know that do stupid stupid things because they don't fully comprehend the consequences of their actions ? Again this in no way excuses what has happened. Just another thing to consider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with KaraB.
    I fully understand he is only 15 years old and a child himself, but he is also old enough to know right from wrong. He obviously had a terrible childhood which has affected him, but that doesn't change the fact he knew what he was doing.

I'm betting that his background will be used as an excuse, and that he didn't have the capacity to realise what he was doing. If that were the case, then there would have been inappropriate behaviour with the baby from the start. But there wasn't, from what the staff were saying.
    He waited until he was alone with that poor little baby to do this. That shows right there that he knew what he was doing was wrong.

FWIW, my son was in NICU and special care for a month as well. In NICU each baby has their own nurse, in Special Care there is usually one nurse to around 3 babies. You get to know all of them, and they get to know you. Over a month there is no way that not one person would not pick up that you didn't know right from wrong with your baby. So the fact that none of them did tells me that he knew exactly what he was doing.

That poor little soul

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (19-02-2014),Serenity Love  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not trying to attack you hey. I really just wanted to know what your point was. I get that kids make mistakes but he should have known better even at his age. He was already caring for the baby under guidance of nurses and I believe child protective services so he knew what he was supposed to be doing. And I didn't say lock him up forever I just know that often kids this age get off too lightly for things like this and I expect the same thing will happen here, all because he is 15. He should have wanted a better life for his child especially considering that he had a troubled past himself. If he's assaulted the mother in the past that's a red flag. I'm so sick of the abuse of mothers being kept separate from the fathers potential to harm their children. It's an impulse control issue among other things and often abusive men harm their children i order to harm their mother. I digress. Anyway he's 15 but It just doesn't make me feel any better about the pain, suffering and possible death of this little baby. Not to mention what the babies family must be going through. And if he does survive his profound injuries he will likely have some sort of brain damage that will undoubtedly affect the rest of his life and that of his poor mother. When I weigh all that against the notion that oh he's still a kid he didn't know what he was doing I think well it's a shame his child won't have the same chance at a normal life will he? It's just not good enough for me to say that he's just a kid. I have no sympathy for him. I do respect your opinion on it though. I know where you're coming from, I just can't personally get past what he did based on his age. I can agree to disagree without being rude I think

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (19-02-2014),Bunny Lover  (19-02-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (19-02-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There seems to be some information missing from this story, the baby had been in hospital for a month after his premature birth and was leaving the next day to go home, there were no problems reported with the child's father and he didn't have restricted access and yet she left the room to get some food and he has beaten the baby!!!

Also I don't understand why SHE has lost the right to make decisions regarding her son, going on the information available she has done nothing wrong.

I have zero sympathy or understanding for him, it does seem like he waited till he was alone with him to then assault this tiny baby.

That poor poor little baby and his mother.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-02-2014),Bulbasaur  (19-02-2014),KaraB  (19-02-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (19-02-2014)