+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    Can I just point out.. Aside from this sad and tragic story.. It's not always fathers. I work in the criminal justice system and there are many, many mothers who harm and kill their babies. I have seen it. It's not always published in the media.
    Oh I know this too, but lately there has just been such horrific stories in the news. I fear with it happening so often and so publicly it will become almost normalised for those people who are inclined to act this way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

CP is the scapegoat all the time, often by parents who refuse to take responsibility for not looking after their kids properly. I would love you to work a week for them then get back to me.
    Yes! And every report someone makes to CPS isn't valid because something has been misinterpreted or the report was made by a disgruntled family member or friend. It's never the parents fault apparently...
    - where there's smoke there os usually fire. Parents need to look in the mirror.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Yes! And every report someone makes to CPS isn't valid because something has been misinterpreted or the report was made by a disgruntled family member or friend. It's never the parents fault apparently...
    - where there's smoke there os usually fire. Parents need to look in the mirror.
    But sadly there are a number of genuinely false reports made. I mentioned my ex-Mil who did several false reports, all because she was being vindictive. She let it slip by mistake, and she's damn lucky I never told the person she did it to. It would have caused a huge rift, but I knew the person would have been gutted. I haven't seen ex mil for years, but would bet its still happening. I've always wondered if she did one about me, and that's a truly horrible feeling.

The sad thing is that people like her are using up precious time and funding, and are taking away the help from those who really need it. All for petty reasons such as a grandchild standing up to her, and telling her that she(g.child) will no longer see her if she continues to say nasty things.

I remember my society class in Nursing, and we looked into the whole reporting thing, and how it works. There was something like 40% of reports were made maliciously. That's a lot.

And it will keep happening, and the funding will keep draining, until the Govt gets it act together and gives the system a long due overhall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    But sadly there are a number of genuinely false reports made. I mentioned my ex-Mil who did several false reports, all because she was being vindictive. She let it slip by mistake, and she's damn lucky I never told the person she did it to. It would have caused a huge rift, but I knew the person would have been gutted. I haven't seen ex mil for years, but would bet its still happening. I've always wondered if she did one about me, and that's a truly horrible feeling.

The sad thing is that people like her are using up precious time and funding, and are taking away the help from those who really need it. All for petty reasons such as a grandchild standing up to her, and telling her that she(g.child) will no longer see her if she continues to say nasty things.

I remember my society class in Nursing, and we looked into the whole reporting thing, and how it works. There was something like 40% of reports were made maliciously. That's a lot.

And it will keep happening, and the funding will keep draining, until the Govt gets it act together and gives the system a long due overhall.
    Couldn't agree more!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post

It's a terrible thing when false reporting happens but ime the dept works out very quickly when there is no substance to it and the case is closed as soon as it's opened pretty much.

The problem though, is how do workers know it's false until they investigate. Overhauling the system won't change the fact that CP still needs to investigate to make sure.

I'm not sure where the 40% stat came from, not saying it's not true for a particular state and year. But I would put it at more like 10% or less. Maybe sometimes someone notifies with a concern something is happening when it isn't. But in regard to vindictiveness, I think it's not as common as people think and an excuse from those that in fact do deserve involvement.
    Last edited by delirium; 25-02-2014 at 22:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    So it's the 'States' fault (I'm sure you mean Child protection) because he wasn't kept under lock and key? Clearly your statement is made from a total lack of knowledge surrounding what Child Protection actually have the authority to do.

The system didn't fail anything. This kid at 15 knew damn well what he was doing. He waited for an opportunity to harm his child and acted it out. I don't feel a shred of sympathy for him at all.
    Hear hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    It's a terrible thing when false reporting happens but ime the dept works out very quickly when there is no substance to it and the case is closed as soon as it's opened pretty much.

The problem though, is how do workers know it's false until they investigate. Overhauling the system won't change the fact that CP still needs to investigate to make sure.

I'm not sure where the 40% stat came from, not saying it's not true for a particular state and year. But I would put it at more like 10% or less. Maybe sometimes someone notifies with a concern something is happening when it isn't. But in regard to vindictiveness, I think it's not as common as people think and an excuse from those that in fact do deserve involvement.
    Yep, I'm going back 10 yrs ago when doing Nursing at uni, so hopefully things have changed a bit. My understanding is its a lot harder now to do false reports.
    But yes, they still have to investigate, and it must be so frustrating for CP to have so much money and time wasted when there are children desperately in need.