+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I honestly feel blame is almost futile in these circumstances. So many things have failed at so many stages with so many different groups of people that it's impossible for me to say this or that is to blame. It's a complete and utter effing tragedy, it's incomprehensible. It's natural to want to blame but I truly have no idea who to blame. There's so many complex layers.
    Last edited by babyla; 25-02-2014 at 16:58.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with not blaming the dept, they do the best they can with the limited funding they are given.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree that blame is not helpful, and I don't blame child protection either... we just don't know enough about it.

All these stories make me so sad. If I were to blame anyone I think it would be society in general. We should all look out for each other a bit better I think.

The government simply can not care for individuals the way that people that love them - or at the least, know them - can. And if people were loved and cared for more then perhaps *some* of these troubled people would have a different path in life.

I'm probably just being idealistic, but that's my 2c.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

babyla  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    I agree that blame is not helpful, and I don't blame child protection either... we just don't know enough about it.

All these stories make me so sad. If I were to blame anyone I think it would be society in general. We should all look out for each other a bit better I think.

The government simply can not care for individuals the way that people that love them - or at the least, know them - can. And if people were loved and cared for more then perhaps *some* of these troubled people would have a different path in life.

I'm probably just being idealistic, but that's my 2c.
    Yeah I agree.

It takes a village to raise a child rings very true for me.

Things like this don't happen in isolation.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Yeah I agree.

It takes a village to raise a child rings very true for me.

Things like this don't happen in isolation.
    Agreed. And yet no one even wants to know their neighbours anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think those that work for DOCS (what are they called now btw?) do what they can, and had obviously been involved in the fathers care.
    The only way any alarm bells would have rung would have been if the boy has spoken with a Forensic psychologist. If he had, this may have been prevented. It would seem he hadn't, and that ultimately lies with our Govt.
    Child Protection does have Forensic Psychologists, but they would be stretched very thin, and I'd be very surprised if there were more than one or two, and funding would be responsible.

The workers on the ground, so to speak, see and deal with horrific things daily. Add into that all the nutjobs like my ex Mil who make false reports about her boys partners/ex partners when her grandkids don't want to be around her, creating masses of paperwork, plus dealing with govt bureaucracy and lack of staff....it would be a nightmare.
    The system failed him in some ways, but ultimately he still had a choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I just point out.. Aside from this sad and tragic story.. It's not always fathers. I work in the criminal justice system and there are many, many mothers who harm and kill their babies. I have seen it. It's not always published in the media.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (25-02-2014),beebs  (25-02-2014),Jakois  (25-02-2014),swizzlestick  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he's not considered an adult. But he made a choice and as a 15 year old would have an understanding of the consequences of this choice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MeeG For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DHS did not plan a way to get to that poor little premmie baby on their own and do god knows what to it to ensure it's life ended. The FATHER did.

Premeditated murder 100%.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mishh For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014),Mokeybear  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    Can I just point out.. Aside from this sad and tragic story.. It's not always fathers. I work in the criminal justice system and there are many, many mothers who harm and kill their babies. I have seen it. It's not always published in the media.
    Yes, totally agree.