+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recently diagnosed with endometriosis :(

After many years of suffering since my teens, it's now been confirmed by my recently laproscopy that I have endo and it's just under the severe category. I have an enlarged uterus, had a few cysts removed and an ablation. Apart from feeling a little sore from the surgery still, i'm glad I finally know what is going on.

However, I have also found out recently from my GP that a blood test I had done in January has come back with some issues. According to my doctor there is a lot of fluid around my ovaries and my ovaries aren't functioning the way they should be. I missed a few of the terms he mentioned, but Im not getting enough of a hormone. On that subject, I'm also going through menopause, but not actually 'going through' menopause, I just have all the symptoms (night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings etc).

I'm currently taking Norinyl 28 as my pill, missing my period consecutively for about 4-5 months now. I was told this drug is supposed to help suffers with endo, but has created more problems with my hormones.
    So now I have to be referred to an endocrinologist to see what is really going on.

As my soon to be hubby and I were planning on starting a family at the end of the year/start of 2015, I'm really worried what this means for me and pregnancy. My only question to every one of my doctors/surgeons/gynos has been about babies and how it would affect us trying but no one has been able to give me an answer.

Has anyone been through a similar situation? Not just for endo sufferers, but for people with hormone imbalances at the same time? And my big question is, how many people have actually been on the drug I mentioned above and what was your take on it?

Very interested to know more information, as I'm petrified I will be told it'll be harder to conceive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Getting pregnant can be very difficult when you have endo. Given you have just had surgery and are nice and clean on the inside maybe you should both consider starting to try sooner rather than later as post surgery is optimal for conception.

I am assuming in terms of your ovarian function your GP thinks you may be low in progesterone? If you were on the pill at the time of your blood tests the results wouldn't really be accurate I would think? If you have been referred to an endocrinologist then maybe your GP thinks you may have PCOS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Endo is not fun

It may upset your plans but if consider ttc as soon as you can. It can be difficult (but not impossible at all) to conceive with endo and drs usually tell you you are better off not waiting.

You might not have any problems at all but you also probably won't know till you start ttc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelymum View Post
    Getting pregnant can be very difficult when you have endo. Given you have just had surgery and are nice and clean on the inside maybe you should both consider starting to try sooner rather than later as post surgery is optimal for conception.

I am assuming in terms of your ovarian function your GP thinks you may be low in progesterone? If you were on the pill at the time of your blood tests the results wouldn't really be accurate I would think? If you have been referred to an endocrinologist then maybe your GP thinks you may have PCOS?

Yes I believe that was it. I've been on this pill since August last year, and it hasn't really helped with anything. I would assume, because it's supposed to keep my hormones in balance it could be the cause of the changes, but I'm not really too sure. I've tried reading reviews or finding something on this pill but there's not much info about it from users - which I find a bit odd??

If I could, I would consider TTC as soon as I can as I've been told it's a better option, but with this year being so up and down with moving, new job and getting married (twice!) I have no idea where we'd start. But I guess I can't or won't know anything until things are in black and white from the endocrinologist and if it's bad news, I'll just have to break it to the hubby we need to get busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Start taking vitex. It's an amazing herb for endo, and it will even out all your hormones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Start taking vitex. It's an amazing herb for endo, and it will even out all your hormones.
    Is that available at a chemist or health shop?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Both, but usually health food shop. I get mine from ebay. Endo causes you to be estrogen dominant in a big way. Vitex evens it all out. I had endo for years, I got my DD after years and years ttc after 1 cycle of vitex

I also suggest visiting a naturopath. I know some people think they are weirdos, but there is a proven science behind many of the herbs they use. Vit E to heal the endo, zinc, EPO for all the symptoms you describe. Fish oils. It can't be coincidence that after 4.5 years of ttc and being on a naturopathic diet one cycle I'm pg right?

There are some slight side effects, some find loose bowel movements, I got a bit of cramping. But other than that it's safe, and has been proven to work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    http://natural-fertility-info.com/vitex

I should add it's not recommended to be taken with the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't diagnosed with endo because I was about to have my laparoscopy to confirm when I found out I was pregnant! In any case, I have PCOS and suspected endo which would make conception more difficult.

I went off all medication and dedicated myself to becoming healthy and lose weight in a natural way - low carb, low sugar diet, regular exercise and minimising stress and within a year of diagnosis of PCOS we were pregnant. Its amazing what diet and exercise can do for your hormones!!

Good luck with your journey =)