+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I thought so too at first but the comments about her not wanting people from home seeing photos of her our her associations with the place known our the media finding out, and the tax evasion or whatever with the photo studio/brothel/half way house or whatever it was etc

Just a thought.
    I wonder if she claims to be the mother of the babies given up for adoption?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    I wonder if she claims to be the mother of the babies given up for adoption?
    Oooh good theory makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I thought so too at first but the comments about her not wanting people from home seeing photos of her our her associations with the place known our the media finding out, and the tax evasion or whatever with the photo studio/brothel/half way house or whatever it was etc

Just a thought.
    I too it that she didn't want people to see her pregnant, didn't she say she didn't want people to see her "like this"

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Donnab739  (22-02-2014),KaraB  (20-02-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loved this show, I cried too.
    It's so sad to see how many of you have known someone who went through this, as for a lot of it was during our parents generation. It's hard to believe how much things have changed in such a short time.

I had never really thought of it before, but I was born during that time. My mum was a unwed teen mother, as I believe my father was married (I don't know him). Her parents lived in Melbourne at a church rectory, as my grandfather is a priest. So more than most, they would have had people viewing it as some kind of scandal....can you imagine some of the parishoners?!
    Yet my mum was fully supported by them. She raised me for two years but struggled due to bipolar. So my grandparents took me in, and fully raised me. They also fostered children. I'm one of the lucky ones, as they were the most generous, amazing, open minded people I've ever known.

I'm going to cry at every episode no doubt, it must be absolutely heart wrenching for the women that went through this to relive it, but I'm glad they've put it out there.
    Is it on every Sunday night only?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (20-02-2014),Msbecb  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Encore screening now (8:30pm EST).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    I too it that she didn't want people to see her pregnant, didn't she say she didn't want people to see her "like this"
    Yeah, I think she's married but preggas to that bloke we saw her with and she's giving it up for adoption so her hubby doesn't find out (he's rich or high profile or something) and she bribes the matron so she gets her own room, freedom etc

That's my take on it anyway.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

BeeSam  (22-02-2014),KaraB  (22-02-2014),LoCo  (21-02-2014),The Time Has Come  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    Yeah, I think she's married but preggas to that bloke we saw her with and she's giving it up for adoption so her hubby doesn't find out (he's rich or high profile or something) and she bribes the matron so she gets her own room, freedom etc

Yep I agree

12. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

That could be it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think that makes sense!

It also wouldn't be her first time, because when Annie had the baby & she came for a visit she mentioned how it does get easier (assuming she's been in Annie's position before)??

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (22-02-2014),KaraB  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I saw it. Cried with Annie not being able to see or hold her baby.
    That Dr annoys me already; slimy. I bet he'd try to get in Joan's pants if she let him! I'd say him and the Matron had a secret deal going.

I think Audrey gives the bribe so she can have her own room and a key.
    I don't think it's the photographer's baby, but she met him on her outings.

I think Joan's ex cheated on her and why she's back home. I think the actress is awesome, I can see she'll be up for a Logie next year.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week with Annie.
    I definitely know there will be more tears from me hehe

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-02-2014)