+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did anyone else wonder if the doctor and his wife just adopted Annie's baby?

I was horrified when I saw Viv's father had drugged her!! Its amazing how anyone grew up healthy with the drinking, smoking, etc back that pregnant women did back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just heard channel 9 are doing an encore at 8.30 friday night now

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VikkiB View Post
    Did anyone else wonder if the doctor and his wife just adopted Annie's baby?

I was horrified when I saw Viv's father had drugged her!! Its amazing how anyone grew up healthy with the drinking, smoking, etc back that pregnant women did back then.

I thought the same thing about the doctor's baby being Annie's. I'm pretty sure it was...!?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    I loved it.......my hubby was born in a home like that in 1967 and given up for adoption without ever being held by his mum.... so sad...
    This happened to my mum too she was born in 64 to a teen mother and her mother was forced to give her up for adoption.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is Annies baby, and from the looks of it (baby dissappeared quickly and the ankle tag was cut off and left in the cot), he may not have done it 'officially'.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I just watched it online. Its heartbreaking watching it knowing these things actually happened.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know 2 friends whose mothers were forced into adoption for their first borns, luckily for both of them they met their children and now have relationships with them.

One of our large public hospitals that has since closed down was responsible for this up till the late 70's.

Sadly it was not just minors who had their babies taken from them it was also unwed mothers that were of legal age as it was not the done thing to have single mums who gave birth while not being widows. They would often wait till the mothers had given birth before convincing them to sign papers whilst they were exhausted.and then often sedated them by which point the baby was long safely out of the hospital.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh I think the older resident, the one who has her own key, is part of the adoption ring! Did you see the envelope handed over at about the same time Annie's baby disappeared!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Oh I think the older resident, the one who has her own key, is part of the adoption ring! Did you see the envelope handed over at about the same time Annie's baby disappeared!
    I thought she was giving the matron a bribe so that she could have her own key?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    I thought she was giving the matron a bribe so that she could have her own key?
    I thought so too at first but the comments about her not wanting people from home seeing photos of her our her associations with the place known our the media finding out, and the tax evasion or whatever with the photo studio/brothel/half way house or whatever it was etc

Just a thought.