+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wisdom tooth extraction normal healing

Hi I had a wisdom tooth out today and they did a full mouth x-ray and saw my sinuses are very large and close to the roots of my teeth. Anyway the tooth broke and the root of my tooth shot upwards and nicked my sinuses, has anyone had this happen before? how long does it usually take for the pain to settle down? Plus I am flying on Thursday will will my ears popping make it worse? Also I am feeling absolutely drained and my cheek and gum is so swollen I feel like I have been beaten with a bat does anyone have a rough idea on how long that will last?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slept sitting up to help ease some pain from my sinus but it is still so sore today, I really hope it's better by my flight on Thursday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure about the sinus thing, but DH had 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed and it took a good 4-5 days before the pain of the surgery settled down. He had ice packs on 24/7 for the first 3 days to reduce swelling and help with the pain and kept himself mostly upright (so slept sitting up too). It was about a week before he was completely back to normal. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would check with your GP before you fly as you don't want the change in air pressure to do more damage.

I had a general as I got all 4 out in hospital. They were impacting and the roots were curling around the nerve so most of them had to be cut into 4 to remove.

I felt groggy from.the general and generally a bit out of it for a week. The swelling started to go down after a few days. You'll probably have some bruising start to show today which will be dark in places for about a week then fade to yellow.

Also has the dentist given you strong pain killers? They may be making you groggy too. Panadol every 4 hours and nurofen every 6 hours should be enough and won't make you feel hazy.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I would check with your GP before you fly as you don't want the change in air pressure to do more damage.

I had a general as I got all 4 out in hospital. They were impacting and the roots were curling around the nerve so most of them had to be cut into 4 to remove.

I felt groggy from.the general and generally a bit out of it for a week. The swelling started to go down after a few days. You'll probably have some bruising start to show today which will be dark in places for about a week then fade to yellow.

Also has the dentist given you strong pain killers? They may be making you groggy too. Panadol every 4 hours and nurofen every 6 hours should be enough and won't make you feel hazy.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks I have a appointment with the gp for tomorrow. I have some panadiene forte but haven't had any yet today just some Panadol so I don't think it's that making me tired. A friend said they were tired and out of it a little for a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ouch, poor you. I had a general when mine were taken out, I had a piece of my jaw removed but no experience with sinuses. Just being in pain can make you feel tired.

Use ice packs as much as possible & take nurofen combined with either panadol or panadeine forte consistently, this will help you keep on top of the pain. If you wait until it really hurts to take something it will take along time for the pain to subside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    Just being in pain can make you feel tired.
    This is so true, plus your body is working hard at healing right now. Also your jaw is one of those strange places where the nerves do odd things - think of how a boxer dazes their oponent by punching then in the jaw. Rest up and hopefully you'll feel back to normal soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, the pain is more manageable tonight and I was able to eat a little bit of solid food but I sneezed earlier and felt like my face would cave in so I am really starting to think I won't get the ok to fly

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (18-02-2014)