+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the replies! Ive decided to get the harmony test. Even though the combined result was 1:2686 & I since found out its 1:2030 thru the lab. (First result was thru ultrasound place).

I cant get these hcg & papp-a levels out of my head. Everywhere I read it says t21 has hcg around 2 & papp-a around .5. My hcg was 2.100 & papp-a was .59.

Even tho the ultrasound was perfect with NT of 1.35 & nasal bone present I cant help but worry why my bloods are so out even with a combined low risk! I think I just need the extra reassurance with the harmony blood test!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed everything is fine hummingbird

I'd be very surprised at your risk factor if it comes back positive for any chromosomal abnormalities, but I certainly understand needing the peace of mind. It's pricey, but for me knowing that my bub is okay was worth every cent. Bonus too you can choose the option of finding out the gender

Thanks
    Reviews
    These NT scans are rubbish and very in accurate. I had increased risked with both of my pregnancies and was worried the whole time. I had a 1:260 with downs for DS and a 1:169 for T13 for DD.
    Both are perfectly healthy. If we have a third baby, I will definitely not have an nt scan. The slightest thing can throw the results. Do not panic hun, I'm sure your bub is perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

In my DD pregnancy, 5 years ago, I had higher HCG and low PApp-a. It worried me too so I had cvs (my ratio was 1:153 though). It came back fine but my daughter was on the small side and was found to have a single umbilical artery at the 19 week scan.

today I got the results back from my current pregnancy and both my hcg and papp-a are kind of low at .55 (papp-a) and .57 (hcg). I'm finding it hard to find what this could mean as we haven't had our scan appointment yet (in 4 days). I was really hoping for a less stressful pregnancy this time. The lady on the phone said my results had to be adjusted because I used IVF drugs (not sure which way they adjusted it...). Any ideas??

best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi porky ur results dont sound too bad. Im not sure about the adjusted results but I did read that ivf pregnancies can cause low papp-a.

I dont really know too much but ur results dont seem to be alarmingly low. My ob said less than .4 or .5 is considered too low for papp-a. And even when its under that its nothing bad it just means more monitoring to make sure baby is growing properly. Apparently papp-a is linked to the placenta and if its low it might just mean ur baby is a bit smaller.

She didnt say much about hcg but they arent extremely low so I wouldnt be too worried. Let me know how u go with ur scan and combined results.

Another thing my ob said was that if there is a large gap between papp-a & hcg like mine (.59 & 2.1) thats what stuffs up ur bloods but as urs r both low I think thats better as there isnt a gap

What exactly is the umbilical artery that ur dd had? Has it caused her any problems?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks,

Sorry should have elaborated. An umbilical artery normally has two arteries and one vein, she had just one artery and one vein. This may have caused her to have low birth weight. She is totally fine, now average weight and height. She's 4 and a half now
    By the way, Her pappa was .25 and hcg was 1.22

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great it didnt cause her any problems. Im sure all the rest of ur results will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lisas854 View Post
    These NT scans are rubbish and very in accurate. I had increased risked with both of my pregnancies and was worried the whole time. I had a 1:260 with downs for DS and a 1:169 for T13 for DD.
    Both are perfectly healthy. If we have a third baby, I will definitely not have an nt scan. The slightest thing can throw the results. Do not panic hun, I'm sure your bub is perfect
    I've got my bloods results back, I have my nuchal scan on Wednesday.
    If the scan is ok and the bloods give me a high risk I will be asking a lot of questions and depending on the answers and the risk I may not bother with going on to have the cvs this time. I went through this last time and bub was fine. I know of so many people who have low Papp-a in particular which puts them at high risk and the scan is fine, they then go on to get the cvs and get the all clear. I am doubting the accuracy of the bloods. My dr said the bloods can read something one day and can be totally different the next and also that low Papp-a is very common with ivf.