+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For some sweet ideas.

Make a plain muffin/buttercake mix and grate in peeled zucchini and some orange juice to replace some of the milk. You can add orange zest too if the zucchini seems strong flavoured.

Chocolate muffins - add mashed pumpkin or sweet potato and reduce the liquid ingredients a little. Some people also like this with beetroot - but I'm not one of them!

The old fave carrot cake, but add double the carrot the recipe says.

Also, my DD went through a phase of rejecting veggies - despite loving them up to that point. I always still dished up some vegetables onto her plate at every meal. I never made a big deal about her eating them, just put them there and when she was ready she started to eat them again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds 15.5 months is doing the same thing atm.

If the vegies are hidden like in spag bol or sausage rolls it's ok, but if he can see them he wont touch them.

I have borrowed a book from the library called Deceptively Delicious by jessoca Seinfeld. It has normal recipes that kid apparently eat that she then hides certain vegies in by pureeing them and mixing them in.

I've made a couple of things so far with success.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone she seems to have gone off all veggies (corn on the cob included strangely enough which she used to love). And she never really ate salad she'd just suck the dressing off and spit it out. For those who've done sausage rolls can I ask how you make them? Otherwise I'll try to infuse my spag bol with more veggies and try some of the other suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make sausage rolls with half lean mince half sausage mince, then add very finely chopped onion and finely grated zucchini and carrot. I usually add a bit of season salt too. You can test the filling by frying a small patty if it before you cook the whole lot and then adjust the seasoning.

Then wrap in puff pastry, brush with milk, cut to size and bake til golden at about 180. (I have a dodgy oven so temperatures are a bit of guesswork.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Basically the same as stretched.

I have done some in filo pastry before also. They don't look as appetising, or quite as nice, but they are edible..

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tacos are my biggest veggie smugglers. I add carrot, zucchini, corn, blitzed brocolli and red kidney beans to the mince and the add cucumber, avocado, tomato & lettuce to the shell and amazingly they love it. Won't touch the mince mixture if it's not in a taco shell, but none goes to waste in the shell!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lala77 For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh tacos - brilliant! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Maybe she might try a veggie she has never had before if you don't mention its a vegetable! ( or salads ?)
    I agree with this, my niece eats so much junk food and apparently hates fruit. I told her one day we were eating "watermelon cake" and what do you know, she loved it!

My 1 year old generally throws her green veggies onto the floor as soon as I give them to her so I've made her a pasta sauce with sautéed onion and garlic, steamed pumpkin, broccoli, peas and spinach and fresh basil all blitzed up into a relatively smooth sauce. She gobbles it down!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    Thanks everyone she seems to have gone off all veggies (corn on the cob included strangely enough which she used to love). And she never really ate salad she'd just suck the dressing off and spit it out. For those who've done sausage rolls can I ask how you make them? Otherwise I'll try to infuse my spag bol with more veggies and try some of the other suggestions
    I use lean beef mince only and depending on how much mince I use will determine veg. For 1/2kg I will use 1x carrot, 1x onion and 1x zucchini. If the carrot/zucchini is on the small side I'll use 2. I've added blitzed up sweet potato before too. Yum! I also use some mixed herbs, an egg, a good squirt of tomato sauce and the secret ingredient my Nanna taught me is a single sachet of chicken noodle soup mix (dry). You could use a crumbled stock cube instead though. I have also added chopped spinach leaves as well which tastes nice, but you can see them so if trying to hide veg it may not work. I use puff pastry because I suck at making my own, but my sister makes her own pastry that's like a savory short crust which is nice. Makes the sausage rolls more crumbly than flaky is all. I brush with an egg wash and cook in the oven til golden. You can freeze them cooked or uncooked. The only trick is to not fill the rolls too much. If using a sheet of puff pastry, cut down the middle and make 2 rolls per sheet. Your filling should only take up perhaps a third of the pastry because you want enough to overlap to hold it together. It's pretty easy to use your hands to form a log down the middle. You will probably use about 4 sheets of puff with this amount of mince, so 8 big rolls. Cut each roll into whatever size you want (bite size, bakery size etc). They are so easy to make and so tasty. So much better than store bought ones.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (09-04-2014)