+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I feel your pain! My grey hairs are mainly right along my parting and the front hair line. Hardly any underneath!! I get mine coloured every 4 weeks but I notice them peeking through after two.

I am hoping to one day be one of those really stylish and glamorous grey haired ladies. I don't think that's going to happen though as they all seem to by wiry and awful looking

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally sympathise. I'm very dark with grey all through my front parting. I'm lucky to get 2 weeks after colouring before it is quite noticeable again. My DP calls it my spider's web! It does look a bit like that lol. Hadn't heard of hair mascara so i'll be checking that out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have this problem too, I started going grey at 23. I've lightened my hair colour to a light brown (from medium brown) and my hairdresser has put blonde highlights in my hair to break it up so the grey is not as noticable when it grows in. I don't really want to be this light but I don't want to get my hair dyed every 6 weeks either. I also start to clip my hair back when its really bad for the last couple of weeks, so you can't see my parting. I can stretch it out to about 3 months.
    I am wondering if I should get some subtle grey streaks put in, in a nice controlled way. If you can't beat em.......
    How do you transition over to grey from dyed hair anyway??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 40 this year and have grey/whites along the part and fringe line. I am naturally strawberry blonde. I ended up giving the hairdresser away and I put a blond rinse in it myself at home when I need to. Sometimes it lasts 2 weeks, sometimes more than 3 if I did a good job with it. I use Loreal in a pink and gold packet. It gives a nice result, then I spend up big on a good anti-brassy blue/silver shampoo that takes the yellow out of it. I hope I can keep doing this a while longer... the greys are always so much stiffer than the other hairs. they stand straight up out of my head!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would suggest going in and speakibg to your hairdresser about the greys showing through so quickly. They may be able to look at a resistance mix that can be used to work better to cover the greys. They shouldn't be showing through a week later.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ideally greys shouldnt be showing through so quickly, I would recommend talking to your hairdresser about switching to a resistant mix, anither option is gradually going lighter as grey blends better against lighter browns or blondes.

In regards to anothers post, unfortunately you cant put grey streaks in, its impossible to create grey as a colour.
    The best way to slowly transition from colouring your hair to gray is change from getting a full tint to foils, as this will only colour sections of your hair, allowing grey to slowly blend through.
    However if your hair is short you can just let it grow and after a few haircuts all of your colour will have been trimmed off.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app