Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Double post.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Hi porky pies, sorry to hear you had an ectopic

I had a lap 10 days ago for suspected ectopic and to remove a large cyst. I am still in pain/pretty uncomfortable and the last thing I want right now is sex. I had an internal ultrasound done 6 days after surgery and it was very uncomfortable/painful to have it done.

I'd wait and make sure your pain has disappeared at least before you consider trying again. Although externally your body looks ok, there if often swelling and bruising inside that takes longer to heal.

Speak to your doctor about what they recommend, but I do agree with pp to wait at least one cycle for things to return to normal before attempting again. as hard as it is to wait, it could be a lot better for your body if you do.

Good luck.
    Very true about healing on the outside but not necessarily on the inside. I imagine the first time will be quite uncomfortable, they mentioned that I should wait 4 weeks before DTD and I think I'll stick to that! I think we will wait a few cycles as I don't want to have another January baby, being heavily pregnant in Summer was just too much.

Hope you've healed okay after your lap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali19 View Post
    Thanks, I was 5 weeks along. But started miscarrying 4days before the op.
    Your right, physically I'm ok but emotionally, it might take a bit longer.
    ' this to shall pass'
    One of the nurses put it quite well that your heart has to catch up with your body. DDs father & his partner are expecting their first together and seeing her glowing and pregnant was excrutiating. But, it will definitely pass. Will you try again soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    One of the nurses put it quite well that your heart has to catch up with your body. DDs father & his partner are expecting their first together and seeing her glowing and pregnant was excrutiating. But, it will definitely pass. Will you try again soon?

Yeah that's true. Dh wants to try again straight away but I'm feeling pretty cautious about it. It'll happen when toyed time is right I guess.