+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby sleeping on stomach

Hi all

So my 5mo DD has started rolling in the middle of the night and goes back to sleep on her stomach. She sleeps in a sleeping bag and has nothing else at all in the cot.

Do you think it's ok to leave her on her stomach once she's there? I looked into the little cushion type things to help keep bub on their back but have seen a lot of people say they're just as dangerous.

I'm already super anxious and check on her all the time and the stomach sleeping is making it 100x worse

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once she can roll theres not much u can do. Just continue to put her down on her back tho and try not to stress about it. My dd was the same....they can roll back if they get into trouble

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby sleeping on stomach

I would leave her. My DD does the same and if I flip her on her back she just rolls again.

Edited to add: I do have a breathing monitor though which does alleviate my anxiety - have you thought about one of those if the tummy sleeping is making you lose sleep?
    Last edited by little blue car; 17-02-2014 at 08:51.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to little blue car For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little blue car View Post
    I would leave her. My DD does the same and if I flip her on her back she just rolls again.

Edited to add: I do have a breathing monitor though which does alleviate my anxiety - have you thought about one of those if the tummy sleeping is making you lose sleep?
    That's a really good idea. Sleep in general makes me anxious so I really should invest in a monitor! What monitor do you use? Have you had any "false alarms"? I remember a friend of mine saying there's went off at least once a week for no good reason which always put me off, but they could have had a dodgy monitor

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has been a tummy sleeper since getting out of hospital and she was premmie. The angelcare sound and movement monitor has helped my sanity. Never had a false alarm. The only time is when dh has taken her out of the cot and forgot to turn it off first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Angelcare Sound and Movement monitor. It's been fantastic. Have only had a few false alarms when DS used to move up in the far corner of his cot. Just be aware though they are very sensitive and a fan or air con directly on the baby can mimic breathing so you need to make adjustments so this doesn't happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girl has slept on her tummy from the time she could roll. It made me a bit nervous at first but I never tried to stop her. If they're strong enough to roll omto they're tummy then they're stong enough to move they're head to breathe. You wont feel anxious about it forever, once shes more mobile you be able to relax a bit more