+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    What are chia pods?
    This is the mango chia pod I bought at woollies. Was a bit expensive though $3.70. If you want to make your own try googling chia pudding.

Attachment 54600

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Vanilla one. It has no fruit in it

Carbs are 12g. I need to start making them myself at home. I even have the Chia seeds to use. I need to eat Chia because it is a source of Omega 3 and I have never eaten fish or seafood.

That said I am trying to keep my carbs to 30-50g per day. That said, I don't have one everyday usually only Thursdays.

Today was not a good day as I had a chia pod and a pita bread so I have blown my carbs way out and my stomach is noisy as from the grains .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I use coconut milk and pure cream to make my chia pudding. Now that fills you up.
    Oh great idea.

My porridge is coconut milk, vanilla, salt, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal and almond meal (carbs=13g). I wonder if I could add cream to that.

But.... I also have a chia pudding recipe which is chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla and raspberries. I reckon I could put some cream in and use nuts rather than raspberries.

What is your Chia pudding recipe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hadesgirl View Post
    How many carbs per 100gm? Sounds yummy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It says 13g per serve and each serve is 170g.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for explaining what a chia pod is. They look like they would taste great but too many carbs for me. I try to stick to around 20 g of carbs per day so I can only afford to use up a few grams for breakfast. Ill have to stick to the bacon and eggs for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I went a bit off track on the weekend, had toast for breakfast and some chocolate yesterday.

I am determined to stick to low carb this week. I'm starting with eggs for breakfast today.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    So I went a bit off track on the weekend, had toast for breakfast and some chocolate yesterday.

I am determined to stick to low carb this week. I'm starting with eggs for breakfast today.
    I also went off track on the weekend. We went to the local show on Saturday and it was all downhill from there. I have been paying for it overnight though, my stomach has been so noisy and uncomfortable grains really are not kind to me.

Wish I liked eggs, it would make breakfast time so much easier!

Good luck this week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to ask if you ladies are doing lchf on a short term or long term basis?
    I am not strictly doing this more so reducing my portion size of carbs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My second bubs is 13 months and I used low carb eating to lose the 15kg of baby weight. At first I cut out the obvious carbs like bread, pasta, chocolate etc and lost heaps of weight doing that. When my weight loss hit a plateau I started looking into low carb diets a bit more and also wrote down the amount of carbs I ate in a day. This lead me to cutting down on dairy (mainly the milk in tea and coffee) as I had not realised how high carb milk is. I started putting 100ml of milk in a little cup in the fridge and used that in my tea and coffee for the day. That tiny amount of milk still has 5g carbs!

It took me 5 months to lose the 15kg of baby weight and then i lost 2 kg more.

Over christmas I eased up on the low carb and put 2kg back on. So its back to low carb for me.

I find I often go off track on the weekends and have to reset myself every monday morning. Today I have had 2 eggs for breakfast, soup for lunch and a boiled egg and some ham for a snack. Dinner will be pork belly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I also went off track on the weekend. We went to the local show on Saturday and it was all downhill from there. I have been paying for it overnight though, my stomach has been so noisy and uncomfortable grains really are not kind to me.

Wish I liked eggs, it would make breakfast time so much easier!

Good luck this week!
    Do you like bacon, i often cook up some bacon and just have that for breakfast