+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Low carb works well for the whole family. My husband loves it because the majority of meals are mostly meat.

I don't think you will be able to do it if you don't eat eggs. They either make up the bulk of my meals scrambled, fried, or as an omelette or I eat them boiled as snacks. I can't imagine you will be able to eat low carb without eating eggs.

Are you having success with ww? Why not stick with that, then you can have your museli, fruit and yoghurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did low carb last year (before falling pregnant) and it worked really well for me. I followed the bodyTrim diet, which was really good because it helped with portion control as well for all of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not true that you can't eat fruit & do low carb. Yes fruit has carbs, but it's not processed food. I lost a lot of weight by basically eating in a paleo way. I wasn't that strict, but cut out grains as much as possible & sugar & processed food. What I ate was fruit, veggies, meat & seafood.
    I reduced dairy - not because it's high carb (I think it's higher in fat than carbs actually), but it's not something that many of us have adapted to digesting all that well yet.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (17-02-2014),PomPoms  (17-02-2014),wilding  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Look up Whole 30, it's a gentler LCHF, which does work but I prefer eating a bit more fruit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (17-02-2014)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Low carb has worked really well for me over the last 20 weeks or so. I am not weighing myself because other times I have found it very disheartening if I wasn't shifting any kilos but I have dropped a dress size and a half since October last year and am now a 12/14 again I have heaps of energy and am not falling in a heap by the end of a working day anymore!

I didn't plan to do low carb - I just started cutting out processed food and food that didn't make me "feel" good - for example, I love bread, fresh crusty bread but would often feel tired, bloated etc afterwards so I ditched bread from my diet and other things just followed.

So breakie now is two boiled eggs and some cooked tomato, lunch is chicken or tuna etc and heaps and heaps of crunchy veg and dinner is protein of some sort (prawns tonight) green vegies or salad and I while I still cook potato etc for the family, I just don't have it. I eat fruit during the day and loads of water. Milk in my coffee but that's the only dairy.

I also walk most days, or swim if I can.

Good luck, it might be worth a try

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-06-2014),PomPoms  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    It's not true that you can't eat fruit & do low carb. Yes fruit has carbs, but it's not processed food. I lost a lot of weight by basically eating in a paleo way. I wasn't that strict, but cut out grains as much as possible & sugar & processed food. What I ate was fruit, veggies, meat & seafood.
    I reduced dairy - not because it's high carb (I think it's higher in fat than carbs actually), but it's not something that many of us have adapted to digesting all that well yet.
    This is what I have been thinking while I have been doing research on eating habits. I think a lot of problems for me are not taking the time to prepare food during the day. Dinner times are majority of the time, healthy and balanced and unprocessed.

I think now that I am sort of on a roll with lunch and dinner I need to fix breakfast.

Thank you for this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Low carb has worked really well for me over the last 20 weeks or so. I am not weighing myself because other times I have found it very disheartening if I wasn't shifting any kilos but I have dropped a dress size and a half since October last year and am now a 12/14 again I have heaps of energy and am not falling in a heap by the end of a working day anymore!

I didn't plan to do low carb - I just started cutting out processed food and food that didn't make me "feel" good - for example, I love bread, fresh crusty bread but would often feel tired, bloated etc afterwards so I ditched bread from my diet and other things just followed.

So breakie now is two boiled eggs and some cooked tomato, lunch is chicken or tuna etc and heaps and heaps of crunchy veg and dinner is protein of some sort (prawns tonight) green vegies or salad and I while I still cook potato etc for the family, I just don't have it. I eat fruit during the day and loads of water. Milk in my coffee but that's the only dairy.

I also walk most days, or swim if I can.

Good luck, it might be worth a try

Whoops couldn't get the multi quote to work!

Well done! I don't have scales either so I am just going to go by the way clothes fit I think. We are not in the position at the moment to have scales under our roof so it is my best option I think.

Exercise I also have to fit in as well. At the moment I am increasing my incidental exercise by parking a good walk away from the school, gardening etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (17-02-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I think my issue is my muesli for breakfast as I don't like eggs
    On the diet I did it had a "muesli" that was almond meal, seeds, coconut, lsa etc. I will see if I can find the recipe for you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    On the diet I did it had a "muesli" that was almond meal, seeds, coconut, lsa etc. I will see if I can find the recipe for you.
    Oh thank you so much!! That would be great, sounds yum!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    Oh thank you so much!! That would be great, sounds yum!
    Ok so the muesli is:

1/4 cup flax seed meal
    3/4 cup almond meal
    1/2 cup sunflower seeds
    1/4 cup coconut
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2 cup chopped dried apple
    2 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp vanilla essence
    Splenda

The diet I did said no cows milk, soy is lower in carbs, but it is up to you. Maybe almond milk?

Also, I used to make these pancakes:

1 scoop of protein shake powder
    1 scoop almond or hazelnut meal
    1 egg

Makes 1 large pancake. Serve with butter and berries or stewed apples. I found a sugarfree faux maple syrup in the supermarket at the time but it was a bit ferral.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (18-02-2014)