+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low Cal/Kg Recipes.

Hi,

I am looking to loose some weight while we TTC to help it along and be healthier for bub, anyone got any recipes to share? also ones that don't cost an arm and a leg to make once and you end up throwing half the fresh food out because you don't use it all. Please share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rice paper rolls, omelettes, berry smoothies. We eat lots of steak and steamed veg. I get all my recipes from "Taste"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you buy less, more often it may help with the wastage.

Meal plan, meal plan.....I now meal plan lunch, dinner and snacks. I allow 2 pieces of fruit per person per day and buy enough for about 4 days. I actually count it out.

I always have salad stuff in the fridge and have now started eating carrot strips instead of pasta.

I google low carb recipes there are a lot of good blogs around with yummy cheap recipies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    If you buy less, more often it may help with the wastage.

Meal plan, meal plan.....I now meal plan lunch, dinner and snacks. I allow 2 pieces of fruit per person per day and buy enough for about 4 days. I actually count it out.

I always have salad stuff in the fridge and have now started eating carrot strips instead of pasta.

I google low carb recipes there are a lot of good blogs around with yummy cheap recipies
    But sometimes they say you need something and you have to buy what they sell as in spring onion/shallots have to buy in a bunch even if you will only use two

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSingh27 View Post
    But sometimes they say you need something and you have to buy what they sell as in spring onion/shallots have to buy in a bunch even if you will only use two

When I'm meal planning, if it's something like that, I try to incorporate it into another meal, like chop up the shallots in a salad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSingh27 View Post

If it's something like shallots, plant the remaining and you've got them there ready for the next time you need them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This one looks yummy might have to try it. Not sure what I would have it with though, salad? And the alcohol would burn off in cooking too.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I regularly do a chicken one similar to that- strips of chicken breast, lemon zest, lemon juice, crushed garlic, finely chopped coriander roots and leaves, salt, pepper, drizzle of olive oil- no exact measurements- marinate for a few hours, then grill or bbq. Serve with whatever salad I have in the house. To use up any veg/ herbs, I either make a batch of curry or veg soup which I blitz with a stick blender and freeze into small containers.