+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Premature babies born at mater mothers?

Has anyone had their preemie babies here? I'm 24 weeks and have a high chance of delivering soon.
    What was your babies outcome like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my baby there in 2004 at 29 weeks and my other at royal brisbane in 2006 at 30 wreks. I have to say I much preferred royal brisbane. I found the staff at mater to be incompetent.
    I woke up on the friday morning sweating so much my clothes were drenched. The nurses acted like I was a drama queen. I was told they would get someone to take bloods to check for infecrion which never happened. It took until 8pm that night and a lot of complaining to get someone to check. They put fetal heart monitor on and found his heartrate was getting quite high. It took them another 2 hours to call a doctor and which time his rate was above 200 bpm. By 11 they decided I needed an emergency c section. Ended up I had an infection in my uterus that had travelled across all 3 vessels of the umbilical cord. My child has cerebral palsy only mildly though luckily for him he can function fairly well.

This was my first c section and I was discharged 36 hours after the birth never told they closed me with staples or that I had to see my gp in 7 days to have them removed.

Sorry to be such a downer but I had the worst experience there and if I were you I woild ask to go to royal brisbane I could not sing their praises enough.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh sorry to hear
    I only just read this now. My baby girl was born on the 28th I had prom
    As well I got an infection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my daughter there in 2008, I spent 5 weeks in the mater mothers before she was born! I held out til 30 weeks! It's a amazing hospital, you & your bub are in the best place!!