+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice please..

DD is currently 5 months and I have started her on solids about 1.5 weeks ago..

For a much longer time she has been refusing her bottles.. My Dr and Clinic midwife just keep telling me to keep trying.. She is a good weight so thats not a concern.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would stop the solids, milk is far more important and is where she gets all her required nutrients from , she is still young so wait another month to start solids again - how much does she normally drink in a day ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried a sippy cup? Or straw cup? DS took a sippy cup with EBM from five months and then I switched it to a straw cup at around 10 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent.. I will try a sippy cup now and see if that helps.. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you know the reason for the bottle refusal? My 7mo DS is a bottle refuser as a result of reflux. When he's flaring and absolutely refusing to drink, I dreamfeed him. It's a pain in the bum to rock him to sleep every time he needs a feed, but it's the only way he'll take it when he's bad.