+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Diet and exercise for6 weeks and NOTHING

So since the new year i have started out door group fitness training, swimming and dieting. So far ive had ZERO weight loss.

I go to group training twice a week for an hour each. I swim once a week, for an hour (60 laps/1500m of freestyle) and ive also been rollerskating once a fortnight for a coupe of hours.

Ive made some changes to my diet...switched to skim milk, not eaten bread in 6 weeks, instead having wraps or cruskits, i have been having fruit smoothies (no yogurt or icecream, just fruit and skim milk) for lunches and i have been controlling my portions.

So far if lost ZERO weight. What on earth am i doing wrong.

The only thing i can think is its the medication im on. Im on lithium (which was, i think, part of my weight gain in the first place).

Its so depressing. Im working so hard to be healthy and exercise and im seeing nothing change.

I need to loose about 15kg but after 6 weeks of training and diet changes and getting no results...how long is it going to take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have probably lost fat but gained some muscle so the scales aren't showing any difference. This is the right thing to do as if you persist you'll end up looking more toned and raise your metabolism more than if you just lost fat and lost muscle. You're also healthier and fitter overall which comes with a plethora of life benefits. Hang in there 👍

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zephyr3 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is ur muscle tone?

One thing people don't realise that when u only have about 15kg to lose not 30-40kg where u lose weight straight up at the lower end it can take time for ur body to start weight loss.

If u have only just started exercise ur body will need to build ur muscle. Muscle is more dense than fat and therefore weighs more. So u might be losing cm but not physical weight on the scales.
    How do ur clothes feel? A little less tight?

When I first get back into a workout regime it takes my body about 2-3months before I see any real results on the scales. Usually I will put on 2-5kg which can be very disheartening but stick it out.

Try to focus on the healthy aspect of what u are doing. Continue to be consistent and u will eventually start to see results.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Measure yourself and have your body fat percentage checked. That might indicate a change where weight alone isn't revealing anything. It happens.

I think diet is also far more important than exercise when it comes to losing weight so I would look closer at that. You're not getting carbs from bread but wraps and cruskits still have a fair bit in them and the sugar from milk and fruit is carby as well... So cutting out bread may be doing little to help if cutting carbs is the aim. A dietician may be able to help you. They should be able to measure body fat for you as well and give you a realistic goal weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stick with it, loislane! You'll get there, and I am sure your body is already changing and for sure you would already be a lot fitter, which has to be a great thing moving forward. One thing that worked for me when I did 12 weeks of weight loss challenge was eating all my meals from a small cup to control my portions, and switching fruit (juices/ smoothies) to veges, so I would have green soup made up of whatever green veg I could get my hands on. I was terribly hard for the first month as I felt the sugar cravings, but I got used to it. All the best and keep it up x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you been counting calories?

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app