Closed Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    KJ- I could have written your post word for word. It's only been the last couple of days I've felt like that and I've still got 11 weeks to go!!

October baby- it must be a teacher thing to feel that way. Not having control of a situation and not being prepared scares me which is why I struggled with the ivf and tww and I'm scared of flying. I didn't grown up around babies and up until a few years ago I'd never held a newborn and still get nervous handling a new born.its only through listening to my friends advice, being here on bubhub and reading things that I've become a little more confident but I know nothing really prepares you really.
    Riss holding someone else's baby is harder then your own as you know they are watching & it makes you apprehensive which the baby senses which makes them sometimes react to eg cry or wriggle ... To feel comfortable you have to relax .... but your own is different it's your baby and you will be more then right holding your bub don't worry about that! I'm a teachers daughter and they tried to steer me that way too so I joined the Army instead . I felt like I was expected to always meet certain goals / expectation etc of my parents and it's probably why I keep telling new parents to don't worry if their child isn't doing stuff other kids their age are when they are young as long as they are developing in other areas then give them time to master those other ones eg just because your friends baby talks before they walk is great but if yours walks early but talks later that's fine too we all learn in our own way and some pick up multiple skills early but don't master and till later where another will master each one before they pick up others as long as you are patient and interact and make experiences fun they will learn. My neighbour was worried her daughter wasn't talking for ages but I said to her that her daughters understanding was fantastic and when she was ready she would be fine ... Well when she wS ready by the end of day two she had said very clearly of 100 different words and hasn't stopped since. Like her teacher mum I think she was just making sure she perfected it first before sharing with everyone else!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't be worried first time mumma's! It can seem a bit daunting but really as long as your baby is fed, warm and given affection/cuddles they will be fine and so will you. You will all find your feet and the only thing that is a certain is that it will be different for all of us - and none of it is wrong!!

Ann, after my c section I was given Endone (which is tablet Morphine and causes constipation) and Voltaren. Then was quickly moved onto panadol and Voltaren. The Voltaren really made the world of difference.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

ann17  (03-04-2014),Jay11  (03-04-2014),Team panda  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss and Octoberbaby, I think all of us teachers will struggle with the lack of control. I'm really trying to get myself into the mindset of being prepared but going with the flow before baby arrives. I just keep repeating it to myself and having similar discussions with DH about realistic expectations.
    Like bedlover said, as long as it's fed and warm and loved we will be fine.

Spidery, I went to a mcn workshop at a shop called "flower child" (in Glebe, Sydney). And liked the look of the pop-ins. Liked the Velcro and the compact look as some can be quite bulky. Bought a 20 pack and used a voucher I was given for going to the workshop. Got 6 night time boosters, bamboo liners and and a wet bag in the box. They weren't the cheapest but with the voucher and bonuses in the box worked out ok. Plus they can always be resold if they're in good shape once I've finished. Or will hopefully fit a second baby down the track. We'll see how we go with this 20 pack and top up along the way once we're confident with them. Planning to use disposables as a newborn for size and because we were given HEAPS at our baby shower.
    Woah, essay!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ann-not sure what generally happens at other hospitals but I can tell you the post op pain relief protocol at Mater. Usually IV morphine straight after surgery, then depending on your level of pain it's Oxycodone, Ibuprofen and Paracetamol. They actually have a pain relief brochure you might be able to find on the mater mothers website.

This thread has moved fast today and haven't caught up.

Jj-HAPPY LAST DAY tomorrow, I'm so exited about it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh RT, so exciting! Sometimes I think it's just better to happen like that, not too much time tk prepare just get on with it! Can't wait for your announcement on Monday!

Let me tell you fellow teacher Bub hubbers, if you are worried about the lack of control of a newborn, wait until they are a toddler! I am a Deputy Principal and used to kids doing what I tell them. I never expected to have a very stubborn and defiant 3 year old who argues ALL the time. I have really struggled having the naughty boy in the group, I never imagined being that mother. I imagine I will be a much better teacher and administrator now at I am a parent, much more sympathetic. Parenting is such a journey, fun and exciting but most definitely challenging. However, the cuddles, the smiles, the laughter, the cuteness, I am so happy we will all get to experience this after the journey we have all been on.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ABH  (03-04-2014),ann17  (03-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (04-04-2014),rtkirk  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz. In the past after the IV drips were off, I had Vicodin, really sorted out the pain but pretty strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Australia has nothing like Vicodin anymore but what you will have available will be sufficient. One word of advice though, buy your own generic brand of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol because what you are charged on discharge is phenominal, I should know, I used to be the one dispensing the discharge drugs. And make sure you let your midwife and the pharmacist know that you have your own at home because once it has left the hospital you can't return it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the good tip Ngaiz! Wld they still dispense morphine/voltaren though for after you leave the hospital? Also iam guessing they still charge for discharged meds even if we private?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yip you will get discharge Endone, no health funds pay for them anymore.