Closed Thread
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JJ everyone keeps telling me that the first 6 weeks are the most difficult. We just have to keep in mind that it does get better. And if we need help to ask for it. I've also felt the same as you. Plus whilst your in hospital they should be showing you how to do the basic things, like how to bath baby, swaddling, nappy changes, feeding.
    I just realised that I've been given the book 'What to expect in the first year', has anyone used this book?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow rtkirk it's all happening for you! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear how you go today!

Congrats lotsa on your mcn stash arriving happy washing

JJ yay!! finishing work that must be exciting for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa who did you get your mcn's from are they Velcro ones ? They look bright and cute I am just waiting to order mine will probably order after bang shower

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have that book Panda. I wouldn't say I used it heaps but it is useful to know what bub *should* be doing and what things might happen at different stages. I also looked at a lot of milestone checklists (and still do for DS). It's not about having to do everything at the exact right time but knowing we were in the ball park. I also had a book that went through month by month development with ideas for activities/toys etc. It was really useful for thinking of new things to do during 'play time'. I know with DS there were some skills he lacked, and it was really only because I never exposed or encouraged them. I know you can go overboard with some of this stuff but I found it helpful as a first time mum who really struggled once bub arrived.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (03-04-2014),Team panda  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My high expectations, control freak teacher personality, anxiety/worry all the time nature probably didn't help either! Hoping to be a bit more relaxed this time around !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery, check out hippybottomus for MCN.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your kind messages ladies. As it turns out I am going to the hospital to be induced on Monday morning! Eeeek! My BP is still crazy 140/95 which is way too high. And I have been having low platelet issues throughout my pregnancy so Dr feels it best to get the baby show on the road. My DH is still freaking out but at least we have a couple of days to get used to the idea. Still need to organise the baby capsule for the car. Best get on it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ- I could have written your post word for word. It's only been the last couple of days I've felt like that and I've still got 11 weeks to go!!

October baby- it must be a teacher thing to feel that way. Not having control of a situation and not being prepared scares me which is why I struggled with the ivf and tww and I'm scared of flying. I didn't grown up around babies and up until a few years ago I'd never held a newborn and still get nervous handling a new born.its only through listening to my friends advice, being here on bubhub and reading things that I've become a little more confident but I know nothing really prepares you really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidery View Post
    Lotsa who did you get your mcn's from are they Velcro ones ? They look bright and cute I am just waiting to order mine will probably order after bang shower
    Bang shower hey spidery hahah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit out of topic here girls but just wondering does anyone know what pain killers one is put on after c section?

Rtkirk hope things are all good for you today.

Just enjoying reading up on everyone's opinion and everyone has good and valid points. Yes we will make mistakes and that's how will learn, relying on instinct, looking for ques, reading up and selecting info on what best suits your family and asking for help all goes along way in helping us settle with bubs. Cultural differences also play an important role too in parenting styles.

Team panda - every 2 hrs at 9 months is a bit too much! It's good to hear others negative and positive experiences. After a long battle with ivf I think its ok to get teary and emotional listening to a newborn cry! Because we know we almost there too! Btw love Baby Bunting!

More babies on the way, yay! Lets see what happens to the leader board !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (03-04-2014)