Closed Thread
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for those book recommendations girls I will have a read. I do agree SOS is too rigid but just taking info about breastfeeding and getting my supply up. I will pick and choose what I like from each book and hopefully find a way that works with bub. I've watched my SIL make some decisions with my niece that I don't want to. She now has a 17 month old who won't go to sleep unless only my SIL is holding her her and won't sleep till 10:30pm. She is struggling but won't admit it, now she wants another. Don't know how she will rock two babies asleep.

Rtkirk: yay!!! If you do get induced today I wish you all the best! X

Veritas: looks like things are starting to happen. Looking forward to hearing some exciting news!

Bedlover: thanks for the tips. I'll look into getting my hands on that book.

AFM- my friend that I met on bubhub is coming over today with her beautiful twins who were born in October at 25 weeks. They are doing so well and I love giving them squishy hugs. When they cry my bub goes crazy in there. It makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Im an emotional mess too so I know how you feel Team Panda!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear from you Amps and glad you and Erin are home and good news on the flowing milk, you sound like you are doing a brilliant job, sorry to hear about your bowels that sounds really painful I hope you don't need surgery.

Thanks for the in sight into C-Section Keri, its just good to get some information just in case and always nice to hear positive information on the C-Section route. Bet your loving been a mummy to gorgeous Tia hope your all settling in well a home.

Arlais how are you and Annabel? hope all is well and your enjoying been a mummy.

Waiting eagerly for news of more gorgeous babies arriving. My hairdresser lent me the two books baby love and the one at toddler stage she said they were amazing, a friend recommended them to her when her little girl was a few weeks old and she said she wished she would of known about it sooner. So I am going to have a read and see if it works for me....when do you start reading them?? I'm not one for books on advice etc but everyone seems to rave about these so much its worth a go anything to help been a first time Mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ - I didn't read any books until I came home from hospital and was feeling a bit light on info and realised I was not sure what I was doing! Probably should have started earlier but at least I was reading with a purpose and really was getting something out of it so could immediately try what they were suggesting. I would read when bub was sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read Save My Sleep and will use some of it. My SIL found the info on how to feed the best, and gave my niece dream feeds like the book suggested and she found it
    worked and baby slept through the night. My niece is 8 and 1/2 months now and has been self settling since SIL started following the book very early on. Also she is very happy to go to sleep and goes without kicking up a fuss. She loves her cot.
    In comparison I have a friend who refused to listen to anyone's advice and at Christmas time she ended up in a psychiatric ward for two weeks. At 9 months she was feeding on demand and her baby was still waking up every 2 hours to be fed. She was absolutely exhausted. Husband was sleeping in the sun room the whole time. Christmas Day they ended up calling the critical care ambulance unit because she was showing signs of a breakdown. It was a train wreck waiting to happen as people were trying to help them get a routine but they didn't want to listen. The hospital had a sleep school so they helped all three of them.
    Rt Kirk yay your almost there! How exciting!

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Guess its very much each to their own and each child is different Panda. For some routine is the be all end all, and for others not so much. Unfortunately no child comes with a manual and no parent knows what their child will be like ahead of time or how they will cope, routine or not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1396482530.804817.jpg
    Wohoo! Got my mcns
    Never thought I'd be do excited to wash something.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps - Sounds like you have it all down pat. Glad it's going well and that you are able to express. Taking things as they come sounds like a plan. Sorry to hear about the constipation. Appreciate the heads up. I've only struggled with it in the 3rd trimester. It's not that bad that I need to take anything but glad for the tips from everyone about Movicol and Lactulose. (Haven't heard of them before)

Bedlover - Sounds like you might not have long to go? Are you still getting the cramping? Thanks for the Baby Bliss book recommendation, again I haven't heard about that one.

October - How exciting that in a week's time you will have your bubs! I'll check out Baby Love too thanks.

Riss - We watched a video during out hospital course about baby language which was really interesting. I'll check out the dunstan.

Rtkirk - how exciting! OMG, can't wait to hear the wonderful news and all the best.

2nd last day of work for me. Luckily, it's pretty quiet and i've done all my handovers and cleared most of my desk. I'm so ready to go! lol

Got the most beautiful floral arrangement from clients yesterday, there were lots of tears!

I've been waking up with period like pain every morning. I guess it's just bubs getting into position? Don't know if that is braxton hicks?

I'm 1/2 way through reading save our sleep. A friend highly recommended it. There are some really good tips in the booking about settling bubs and getting your milk supply up. I too feel though that some of it is very strict and it was actually stressing me out ready bits of it.

Anybody else starting to get nervous about bringing bubs home? I'm a first time mum and I'm worried I won't know what to do!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover, I was exactly the same as you with DS. Hadn't read anything, then went on a mad book buying frenzy when I realized I had absolutely no idea! But like you say, I was then reading with a purpose. I took bits and pieces from different books and tried different things. As has been said, different kids, different parenting styles, there is no set formula, just what works for you, your bub and your family as a whole.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ I am a first time mum and getting nervous too about bringing bubs home, scared I won't know what to do or won't beable to cope....glad I am not the only one, I haven't told DH but I am sure he is feeling the same too. It's a mixture of excitement/Love/Joy and then the doubt/fear kicks in, eeekkk!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read or purchased any books prefer to play it by ear as don't won't to set myself expectations and then feel like I'm not meeting them. I'll wait to see how junior is and ask advice as I go if something comes up that I want clarity on or help with.