Closed Thread
Page 90 of 95 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds promising bedlover!!!

I've been taking Lactulose and notice a huge difference when I don't take it for a couple of days. TMI funny, I blocked the loo last night. I'm so glad it was at home and not at work or in public

What ever you do for constipation ladies, do NOT use Metamucil, Benefibre or other Psyllium bulk forming laxatives.

Panda-no, I haven't tried anything. The way I see it if if bubs is meant to turn it will, I'm not going to let it stress me.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 02-04-2014 at 18:42.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-04-2014),JJTiger  (15-04-2014),Team panda  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Octoberbaby - wow! Is it this Thursday ?

Team panda haha as long as you promise yourself that its only during pregnancy !
    I have had bad constipation after epu, it was terrible, I was going back and forth to the toilet drinking prune and pear juice (which really annoyed dh as he had placed it in the cupboard and gave me instructions to start before epu and of course I didn't - he wasn't there). I got so desperate 3 days later that I sitting on the toilet drinking tea hoping for a miracle and thinking iam sure my embryos fallen out as I forced! But every other epu dh made it a routine to pour out the drink and I had to drink in front of him ! And it did help.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Next Thursday Ann. One week to go.......... Excited and apprehensive at the same time.

Panda, there definitely is all this emphasis on getting the bub here safely, I know with DS I knew pretty much nothing about what to do when he actually got here! I know I have recommended it before but the book Baby Love by Robin Barker is fantastic. However, most of it really is just trial and error and work it out as you go along!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (03-04-2014),Team panda  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ngaiz I was always under the impression Metamucil was good ? But you reckon not a good solution ?

Jay - yes OB said he is sticking to the original 12 week scan edd of 21/05. But likely for a c @ 38 weeks 06/05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always tought it was too ann, even with my 11 years in pharmacy and I was using it myself. As it is what we call a bulk forming laxative is actually a big no no in pregnancy. Because the constipation is caused by hormones and pressure it shouldn't be used as it can harden in the bowel causing impaction which requires drastic measures to rectify. Movicol and Lactulose are the best options, I've also heard very good things about Nu-lax.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-04-2014),hwaterhouse  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a handful of prunes when feeling like I'm getting constipated plus eat fruit regularly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like the next batch of babies will be arriving soon! How exciting!!

Amps- thanks for the advice about constipation. I'm sorry you have had a rough time with it. Sounds very painful. I definitely know lactulose works but hard to drink- so sweet. Prune and pear juice will have to do.

Don't know if you girls might be interested but I watched this clip about baby language this morning. It's a bit old but an Aussie lady has discovered 5 main sounds babies make to communicate what they want. It's only for babies up to 12 weeks. It's called Dunstan baby language and I googled Oprah dunstan baby language to find the YouTube clip it's around 17 mins long but found it really interesting. I'm trying to read up on so much while I'm just lying around. Reading save our sleep at the moment and baby love will be next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss, I know of two new mums who swear by the Dunstan baby language advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to know Ngaiz. I've never heard about it before today when I saw a thread on here talking about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Riss will check it out!

i think cloudy pear better than clear juice ? DH had me overdosed on it, virtually with every meal with epus!

Surfing for names