Closed Thread
Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtkirk sorry to hear you may have preeclampsia I hope it is mild and doesn't cause you too many issues, looks like you may be meeting you bubs early

Catlover - how are you doing with your GD?

Panda - yeah for a date not long now

Veritas - I hope you bubs comes soon been checking everyday for news.

ABH - I get up about 3 times a night to pee and I am constantly uncomfortable I was only saying on Saturday I'm sure its our boby preparing ourselves for sleepless nights...Not long left at work for you now

Well my cankles are looking lovely and I can only fit them in one pair of my thongs been forcing my feet into my work shoes and another pair of thongs. I wish this Brisbane weather it would cool down I'm finding the humidity awful. I have to say though I have found the 3rd trimester the best so far just getting impatient to meet my little boy now

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Horwitzy  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

Little Tia is gorgeous Kerrikiwi

Gosh it's getting exciting in here, so many are so close to holding their precious bundles in their arms. A little sad to hear those of you having problems, but glad to hear all is going well.

This is the first chance I've had to get on bubhub for a few days now. We came home late Monday arvo, so Erin was 1 week old. To be honest I was quite a bit scared because all of a sudden you are on your own, no support just a button push away. So far I don't think we are doing too bad. I'm trying to take things as they come and not to overthink everything.

Erin still won't latch onto me so am expressing and bottle-feeding. She is struggling with having to switch to our own bottles, the teats are different. I'm alternating between a slow and med flow teat because of this. She is improving so I think we will stay on track. Expressing I'm finding rather easy, I do it a few times a day and my supply is increasing like it would if she was feeding off me. I have cleavage. I'm hoping to have our first home midwife visit next Monday so will see how things are really going then.

One piece of advice I would give to those who are close to birth, make sure your bowels are working well. Because mine had basically stopped it has caused massive pain and cramping issues for me that could've been avoided. I now have damage to my back passage which may require surgery at a later date. I could go into details but I don't wish to scare anyone. Put it this way, I can now appreciate the expression "tear a new areshole". When my ob was getting ready to stitch me back up after checking me over thoroughly, he commented on how compacted my bowel was, which was already giving me tremendous pain even with the spinal block.

My dh has been amazing. He has let me sleep for several hours because I was literally exhausted. He is trying so hard with little Erin but he is a bit put out that she feeds and settles better for me. I told him it's early days yet and he's doing a great job, I also told him how much I appreciate him and everything he is doing for us.

Hope you all have a good week and we some some more healthy bubbas soon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amps. Without your advice I might not have worried about my bowels but I shall get onto it right away if it becomes an issue. Also sharing your wins/difficulties is great - we can ask you if we have something similar happen.

Hoping some babies make a move and turn to give their Mums more options during delivery. Thanks to everyone for sharing where you are up to. It's all very exciting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Amps so nice to read your update. Glad to know that your milk is coming through good and Erin gets the goodness of bm. Pls feel free to share your experiences and info as it only helps us as to things to look out for. Iam sorry to hear of your tear, its a terrible pain. Did the hospital provide you with an inflated tube - I had one and I cldnt sit even on the softest of surface hence the tube was a life saver. Sorry if iam sounding a little dumb here but you mentioned it cld have been avoided..... You mean by being regular pre-birth? Do they give you anything to clear your system before c section? Also you are doing a great job just taking in things as they come rather than over thinking things. Just rely on your instinct. Like you said to DH early days and the three of you are all 'finding' yourselves. A gentle rub/massage helps bubs settle in sometimes. Amps if you need any tips pls feel free to pm as iam very conscious that sometimes the last thing new mums want is yet another unsolicited advice, which can be annoying and over whelming if you don't want one. Everyone one is different. Take care!

ABH same boat, lots of sleepless nights. I ESP have alot of problems sleeping on my right side if I do fall asleep on the right when i wake up I have a general bad ache on the side but also a concentrated pain right under my breastbone and need to rub it and ease it. I try and get a massage from my Physio therapist at least once a week the combination of having Physio plus pregnancy massage skills great. Pre preg I always used to have this bad habit of getting my back cracked and now that i can't she works on my spine and releases the tension. Also I sit on a chair facing the bed leaning forward with my head on pillow she sits behind me and rubs my ribs and my breastbone bone ( I don't need to tell you girls how heavy our breasts are hanging on to it atm !). I also have sciatica so she sorts that out too. So looking forward to my 1 hr massage tomorrow! Also I take couple of panadols at night if iam really struggling just to relaxing my muscles. I find when I am twisting and turning bubs is awake and really moving about too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amps - so great to hear from you and thanks for the advise. Am putting some Movicol is the hospital bag now!

I am 35+2 today and am having heaps of contractions. Last week I was having them 5-6 mins apart for about 3 hrs but they weren't getting more painful, then eventually frizzled out. Hospital and OB weren't worried and basically said if they stayed that regular and got to a point that I was in more pain then I would go into hospital and they would prob just deliver as baby would be fine at this gestation. Since then I have had very regular Braxton hicks and more painful contractions at least everyday but not regular enough to call the hospital. It is making me excited but nervous at the same time!! Oh well, only time will tell what's going to happen!

Take care Rtkirk - you are in good hands so just follow the Drs orders!

Team panda - I can't believe they have scheduled you in for a public holiday!! Talk about good service!! It must feel great knowing it is only a few weeks away!

Hi to everyone else xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bedlover iam getting really nervous reading your post ! I am flying in (intl 2 flights ) at 35.3 weeks!! Then 36 from Syd-Bne ( although not nervous about this). I have an OB checking me out every week now though plus scan just to see if cervix etc. there will be alot of crying (jet lag ) when I finally reach Bris!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps thanks for the update, sounds like you are doing well with Erin. I sometimes worry that after everything we went through to get to this point I may not know what to do when the baby is actually here. There's a bit of trepidation. I'll take a page out of your booklet and take it as it comes. Better not to think things through to much and rely on natural instinct instead.
    Sorry to hear about the bad constipation. I remember having it bad with one of my ivf cycles and thinking I never want to go through that again. I'm thinking to get back on the kiwi fruits every day from this point onwards. Does anyone else have any other recommendations to avoid constipation?
    Bed lover, wow sounds like your body is definitely getting ready for birth. You could be next! Yes my hospital is a private catholic hospital. Interestingly they won't do Caesars on Good Friday, but the Monday was fine. Thinking back to my catholic school days, I think Good Friday is one of the most important days in the calendar, which is probably why.
    Ann my sleeps are getting worse and worse, I fall asleep hours after going to bed. I have pain in my joints and can never find a comfortable position. GThis morning I was awake at 5.30, so I ended up getting up and eating and cleaning the kitchen.
    I just ate a 500ml tub of Coles peanut ice cream. That's really bad, isn't it? I don't want to get into bad eating habits!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, it certainly is getting exciting! Sorry to hear of your trouble Amps, sounds awfully painful. Hope you feel better soon.

How are you Veritas? Any action?

Yay for a date Panda, although hopefully bub turns before then.

I had my last Ob appt today. Unless I have any worries, doc will see me at c-sect next Thurs! Found out he is retiring from Obs in Sept and FS has just retired as well. So glad this is last bub. I have no doctors left!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always ordered the pear juice in hospital to help with constipation, plus they gave me Movicol every day as well, including some to take home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Bedlover, sounds like you are not far from meeting your little one!
    I was definitely having Braxton Hicks at this stage of my pregnancy with DS. Just wish things would start moving for this one but nothing so far!
    Has anyone been having raspberry leaf tea or any other magical stuff to prepare for labour?
    With DS I was constipated all the way through my pregnancy but I've been fine with this one. I have a glass of orange or apple juice every morning with my vitamins so not sure if that helps. I also try and eat some fruit through the day too.
    Thanks ladies for the advice re middle names. We might just go with a name we like rather than try to please family members.