Closed Thread
Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Brillant news Kerikiwi. I'm so happy for you and your new family. Glad everything went well and baby Tia is healthy and latching on. Thanks so much for popping into BH and letting us know. I think we were all dying to hear from you.

Wow Arlais and Vertias not long now for you either. It's such an exciting time for us all.
    Soo anyone else thinking holy cr@p this is getting very real now?

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Huge congrats Keri :-)

Still very impatiently waiting here, lots of uncomfortableness but nothing productive as yet. Hopefully reassuring predictions from the ob this arvo. Going to meet our besties bub this evening that was due two days before us so hopefully she convinces ours to make an appearance :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Veritas if I'm getting impatient for your labour to move along I can't imagine how you are feeling. Let's hope the visit does the trick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A massive congrats Keri and DH on the birth of your beautiful baby girl! I too am getting teary reading all the messages as I feel like it's such an achievement to get to this point. You must be on a high!
    Thanks for letting us know and good luck with the next couple if days.

Arlais and Veritas, I'm on the edge of my seat for you both. I hope you're staying calmer than I am. It's just so exciting!!

Rtkirk, YES I agree, it's all getting real. Loving this part of the journey.
    Feel like we're all a bit of a team. I'm in cheerleader mode at the mo!
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerikiwi View Post
    Good morning all, well our princess miracle TIA RIPEKA (middle name is Rebecca in maori) was delivered by c section @ 2.50pm on the 25 th march (38 weeks 6 days) 8 pound 15oz we are all doing well and bubs latched on straight away breast feeding! So in love! As im on my phone I can't post pictures, but will do so when I get home in 3-4 days and read all your messages! Much love to you all and thank you for all your support through this crazy journey we have all been on xxxx
    Whoop whoop that Fantastic news!!! So so happy for you! Glad you found your Maori name and your little girl & you are doing well! I can only imagine how extra special it was that she latched on straight away! Take care of yourself and your precious bundle mummy Keri

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So went to my local OB sonographer, who spend 1 hr and pretty certain the absent kidneys actually there! He took pics and measurements, although still not certain about the two or three vessel cord. So don't know what to think! Bubs is doing great, chubby cheeks, iam now 32 weeks and weighs 2 kg. everything looks good.

So have anyone one of you girls thought about massaging bubs ? I was lucky to have learnt through my grandma and mum ( they spend 6 weeks caring for me and bubs and I got massaged too! ). Twice a day before morning bath, give a massage let bubs bask in it for awhile then a bath, feed and hopefully a peaceful sleep ! Again same thing late arvo. Massage and little exercise criss cross arms and legs, all over body rub, back and bum rub- when you lay them on their belly on your lap and rub their back gently good for their neck and head as they try to hold it up. Mum said its like you are lying on your back 24/7 wldnt you love it if someone massages your back ! And I wld use the same bath wash (for example any bedtime one) for the evening bath only (after massage)- to get bubs used to a pattern, a familiar smell, (massaging does aid in sleeping), little cues for settling in.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (26-03-2014),lotsathoughts  (27-03-2014),Ngaiz  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is great news Ann! Fingers crossed the absent kidney is just a hiding kidney!!

My DS wasn't too fussed on the massage but I completely agree on the evening routine. We started really early doing "one boob, bath, other boob, bed" of an evening and my DS was a great sleeper of an evening - by 6 or 7 weeks he was going down at 7pm and not waking til 2 or usually 3am. Could be a coincidence but I will be trying it again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Keri! I can believe our group is having their bubbies!!!! I'm so so very happy for you and that it sound everything went really well!

Arlais, ill be thinking of you tomorrow- cant wait to hear from you!

Ann- I'm crossing my fingers for hiding kidney! Can't believe what a journey you are having!

What a good day to check the thread! I've got the biggest grin on my face now

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-03-2014),Kerikiwi  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely good news Ann!

I'm expected to go into theatre about 2pm Perth time tomorrow, so it will be later in the night or Friday before you girls hear from me. Thanks for all the best wishes

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (27-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Arlais! Hope all goes well!