Closed Thread
Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Arlais I do find it a bit hilarious though...

Pre baby a goal was training to run a certain distance or closing a business deal!!

Buying a flannel seems like a ridiculous goal but some days it felt like as big an achievement!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    Arlais I do find it a bit hilarious though...

Pre baby a goal was training to run a certain distance or closing a business deal!!

Buying a flannel seems like a ridiculous goal but some days it felt like as big an achievement!!
    I know what you mean bedlover! I'm kind of freaking out about finishing up work tomorrow. Obviously needing to take it easy now, but struggling to get my head around the idea that I won't be getting up to go to work 5 days a week for quite a while.

I want to have even small goals to check off so the days don't just run one into the other. I have a big checklist of stuff to do to get ready for baby once I start leave next week, but at the moment not having much in the way of long term plans (other than keeping the spawn alive) is extremely foreign to me

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I must be strange, I am soooo looking forward to having no timelines, deadlines, etc and just being at home pottering around. I know ill find more than enough to keep me busy and can't wait to get my creative rather than logical juices flowing again!

Carpet went down in the baby's room yday... So much closer to finally having a nursery!

And picked up the new car (our other baby) this morning. Been out and about all day :-) now just to sell the old one.

Hope everyone has had a good day and feeling a little more on top of things. Other than being momentously tired I'm feeling much more content.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for new car and carpet Veritas!!

I am certainly looking forward to not having deadlines and being able to choose what time of day I want to do things, be able to get to a bank or a post office sometime other than a rushed lunch break!

All that does sound heavenly, I just think it's going to take some time getting used to it. For as long as I can remember I've always had a big "5 year plan" of goals to take me from one thing to the next. After giving up teaching a lot sooner than I thought I would it's been a bit of a crazy ride and I'm actually not too sure yet what I'm going to do post-baby....

Thanks
    Reviews
    So DH has insisted on having a 2nd bday party for DS (says we would regret it if we didn't. My argument is that he would never know if we didn't have a party as he is too little). Anyhoo DH won and I am now having 10 1-5 year olds and all their parents around for a party on Sunday arvo / dinner!!!

Now that he has got his way, DH has conveniently step out of the whole thing and I am left to organise all the party and the dinner!! I totally can't be bothered at the moment.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day running around organising stuff and shopping! Brilliant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having a sick day today, just exhausted from work. Only 4 more weeks, can't wait to slow down. I feel so much happier today and it's because I've stopped and slept looked after myself.

Bedlover, I don't envy your position. Would not be in the mood to organise a party. Make sure you look after yourself and keep hydrated. Sometimes when we're so busy we forget we need extra care being pregnant. Good luck.

Does anyone know much about baby carriers? My friend is buying us one and not sure which one to pick. They used a cloth one which ties around you. I'm have to go and have a play with them. Not sure if they're hard to do up alone. And whether to get one with straps. I've heard the ergo is good. Have to do some research on this I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the new car Veritas! That would be my DH's dream to get one now. Must feel good to have that sorted before the baby. Happy driving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa- good for you taking a day off work. It's amazing what a good sleep in can do. Enjoy your day. I admire all you girls who are working. I would be but OB has suggested to just take it easy. Bit hard with lack of finances but we are doing it. Don't think I could be teaching and being on my feet all day with little ones when I'm exhausted just lying around.

Veritas- congrats on the new car! What did you get? We were considering getting one too but might wait. My corolla will do for now but would love a territory or SUV.

Bedlover- your DH is naughty! Hope everything comes together without too much of a headache

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bedlover, what a pain! Thinking of you. You'll probabky be glad you did it, but such a lot of work. I hardly feel like getting dinner ready, let alone organising a party!

Lotsa, Someone gave me a baby bjorn for DS. It was easy enough to use but I had a bad back and a summer baby and really preferred the pram. But - lots of girls I know have an Ergo and if I was getting a new one I would definitely get that (they are pricey though). They just seem more comfortable for everyone and can be used in lots of different positions. I particularly like that you can sit bub on your hip as they get bigger. A friend also lent me one of those sling wraps but I never used it. If you need a dvd to learn how to put it on, that's way too hard for me!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa you might want to see if there are any "baby wearing" groups in your area as they often get together and you can try out a variety of different wraps and carriers before you decide what's best for you.

Personally we're going with a Manduca carrier - holds bub in the correct position for healthy hips, has a newborn insert included, sun hood, and is endorsed by the Australian Breastfeeding Association. It's a bit cheaper than the Ergo (which we were originally going to get) and a bit cooler too which is good for our summers. Ergo would still be my second choice though