Closed Thread
Page 65 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dp and I have actually had names picked for ages. We normally don't agree easily (lol) but amazingly it was instantaneous. Our middle names were no brainers as she lost her dad to cancer 10 yrs ago and mum lost her battle with cancer last year. We are pretty stoked with our names just keen to know which it is now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, 2 weeks to go and we can sleep in and have nanna naps! Yay!

Bedlover, sounds like a plan It's stressing me out.. DH has certain criteria, can't start with J, can't end in M or N... OMG!! Yes, I'm really lucky mums close by and we are really tight.. Probably cause it's just been the 2 of us since dad passed away when I was 14.. Made mum and I even closer..

Lots that looks so nice.. Enjoy the break!

Time to make you all laugh.. Last night I noticed both of my pj's were in the wash, so I put on an old singlet and bottoms.. Went to the toilet then looked in the mirror only to notice I was wearing a crop top! I nearly pee'd my pants.. Lucky I'd just been to the toilet! It's a great look.... Check it out: lol

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395571423.228445.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol JJ look at your bump! He he can I ask where you got your bugaboo from? We went to baby bunting today and seriously this pram thing is doing my head in! I thought I knew what I wanted but I'm not sure now.

DH and I have had names for a while now. Just need to decide on the spelling of it and whether we should have a middle name as we both don't have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I'm starting to really stress out now. I'm still in hospital, migraine is slowly getting better but I don't feel right to go home. It's all overwhelming me and I'm scared that I will panic if I wait the rest of the time at home. It will be very hard for me to not do anything at home too, and I know I will drive dh crazy. I was thinking of asking if they can just keep me in here until bellybean is born, I definitely feel more relaxed here, probably knowing that help is on hand, not 1 1/2hrs away. Not sure what to do........

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ - I did that a few weeks back too but my pre preg pj shorts looked more like bike pants with the crop top - not very attractive look so I took it off quick smart!

We have Juniors name already picked out!

For girls we had heaps which I've posted before I think but might help someone.

Both liked:
    Lillian
    Lilliarna
    Charlotte

Hazel ( friends just named their daughter Hazel May so we'd have to use as middle name )

Ashley
    Meaning:From the Ash tree.
    Origin:Old English
    Alternatives:Ashlee, Ashleigh, Ashli, Ashlie, Ashly, Ash.
    Nicknames:Ash.

Elise (El -ese)

Lauren /

Joyce
    Joy (as a middle name instead of Joyce)

Amelia

Phoebe / Phebe
    Meaning:Radiant, bright. The name of a Greek deity.
    Origin:Italian
    Alternatives:Phoebe (Greek).
    Nicknames:-

Cameron (like name but not meaning)
    Meaning:From a Scottish surname meaning ‘crooked nose’ from Gaelic cam ‘crooked’ and sròn ‘nose’. The Camerons were one of the great Highland clans.
    Origin:Scottish Gaelic
    Alternatives:Cameren, Camerin, Cameryn, Camiron, Camren, Camron, Camryn, Camyron.

Ruled out for one reason or another:
    x Jasmine
    x Asha
    x Carlie / Carley (nickname Carls) or I prefer - Carleen / Karleen ( nickname Karla) as a twist on Colleen
    x Carla
    Meaning:Variation of Caroline, 'Valiant, strong, free'.
    Origin:-
    Alternatives:Carilla, Carleen (Irish), Carletta, Carlin, Karla.
    Nicknames:Carley, Carlie, Carly, Karly.

x Eliza
    x Heidi
    x Jasmia /x Jasmine / x Jasmina
    x Laura
    x Lilith / Lilyth / (Jewish - female demon)
    x Melinda (Mindy or Mel)
    x Makynlea, Makynleigh,
    x Mckenzie, Maddison Joyce,
    x Michaele (prenounced Mick - ale)
    x Tamara /x Tammara / x Temarra / x Tamarrah
    x Skylar
    x Suzanne
    x Valentina - means strong
    X Avita

-------------------------------
    Boys
    Both Like:

Mitchell

Other Possibilities:
    Ryan
    Eli
    Lachlan
    Daniel
    Jacob
    Jarred

Ruled out for one reason or another:

Richard
    Michael,
    Jeff
    Geoff
    Callum / Kallum or Kalem
    Conner
    Jackson

Meaning:Son of Jack.
    Origin:English
    Alternatives:Jacsen, Jacson, Jacssen, Jacsson, Jacksen, Jackssen, Jacksson, Jaksen, Jakson, Jakssen, Jaksson, Jack, Jackie.
    Nicknames:Jackie, Jacky, Jake.

Jack
    Meaning:From the name John, but also used as an independent name. God is gracious.
    Origin:Hebrew
    Alternatives:Jak, Jock (Scottish).
    Nicknames:Jackie, Jacky, Jake.

Josse boys (apparently pronounce hos seh )
    -> Joyce
    Meaning:From the (masculine) medieval name Josse, which was derived from the earlier Joceus or Jodocus, Latinized forms of the Breton name Jodoc meaning ‘lord’. The name belonged to a 7th-century Breton saint. This first name also formed the basis for a surname,
    Origin:English
    Alternatives:-
    Nicknames:-

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps so sorry your still in Hosp sounds like you need to chat to your OB or a midwife but I'd go OB first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you spoken to your Dr Amps? If you have that much anxiety about leaving hospital it might be best to stay there. Alternatively do you have friends or family you can stay with who are closer to the hospital than 1 & 1/2 hours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank goodness I am not the only one who had no idea what to call the baby. I can't get DH interested in deciding. When we do chat about it we hate each other's suggestions! Like you JJ my DH has certain criteria - no bible names, no names of friends or acquaintances, no common names, no names spelt weirdly. The list goes on! But he has a stupid family tradition to call the boys middle name Charles! I can't tell you how much I hate that name. But apparently it's not even up for discussion. Rant over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely speak to your Ob and any other docs looking after you Amps. Even if they still want to discharge you, they may at the very least give you something to help with the anxiety. Bubs arrival isn't too far away xo

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss - I know.. We went to so many baby shops on Saturday that by the time we got to the last one I burst into tears... Baby bunting will price match any online price.. I found a place in SYD that has a sale on the chameleon 'baby village'. It's still way over our budget but we just got it thru baby bunting in MEL as they price matched.. I was over it. The Strider compact was a good alternative and it's really cheap online.. Worth googling.

Amps definitely speak to your OB about it.. They might be able to do something for you.. Not long to go, hang in there.. I'm glad the migraine is getting better though..

4am and I'm wide awake.. Ahhhhhh... Alarm goes off in 2 hours... I can see myself making a lot of mistakes at work today Woops!