Closed Thread
Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a name sorted for a boy and a middle name for a girl but no first name - I am getting panicked!!

Every time we try to look for names it ends up being DH laughing at the really horrible names people come up with rather than actually finding anything we like!

We saw on a forum the other night someone suggested Coriander as a girls name - I just find that hilarious!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The jury is out on names here too Ann. I have picked a middle name, Alexander/Alexandra, I decided that years ago. 6 and a bit weeks out and reality still hasn't hit that we're having a baby. It's just not something we've actually sat down and discussed. Bub will have a Maori name, that's all we know, hehe.

We only have a tiny fridge/freezer so I can't cook and freeze meals, to be honest, I couldnt even be bothered right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We sorted out our names ages ago. I decided that it wasn't fair for me to have complete naming rights for the baby, simply because I was carrying them for 9 months and then giving birth - so we each had a favourite name (Stephanie Cayla for him, and Zoe Grace for me); and we agreed that we would each take a portion of our favourite name, and combine it into the final chosen name, which resulted in us agreeing on Stephanie Grace.

As for stocking the freezer with meals, I haven't thought about it much yet; but I know I'm not going to be able to do a huge amount with that, because we have a fairly small freezer and we still need space to store all the food we're going to be going through between now and the birth. I'll probably cook a couple of things to store, and maybe buy a frozen pizza; and I wouldn't be surprised if people from my church get together and organise meals to donate as well; so I think I'll be fairly sorted as far as food is concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kerikiwi- OMG, it's so close... Very excited for you and can't wait to hear the wonderful news..

Ann I've never heard of a wipes warmer??? I'll look into that, I can imagine it being cold for our little ones.. But never thought about it. The nappy disposer I haven't thought of either.. But think I should, as it will be fresh in Melbourne when Bubs is due. We have our girls name sorted but if it's a boy we are in trouble as can't agree on one!!! It's stressing me out as we don't have much time..

Gifts for young DS or DD's is a great idea.. Arlais my DH has a son but he's a teenager too so yes he can suck it up! Lol.. He's mum is a baby machine so he's used to babies anyways.

I haven't frozen any meals yet as still got 6 weeks to go. I might make a few things when on mat leave. I'm lucky my DH cooks most of the time anyway and my mum will be around everyday.. She's a typical Italian mum who loves cooking and will bring lots over.. She just popped over as she made pizzas this arvo.. Yum! Dinner sorted!

AFM - We spent the whole weekend shopping for a pram. We ended up getting a really good deal on the bugaboo which I've always had my heart set on.. It's such a relief that's done!

I'm struggling already with 6 weeks to go. So tired ALL the time.. I'm up 3 times a night to pee and not sleeping well 2 weeks of work to go and looking forward to some afternoon naps on mat leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bring on 4/4/14 Jj!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ maybe we should swap names!! You can have our boy name and give us your girl if bubs turns out to be the gender we don't have names for!!

And wish I had a mum you was:
    A) close by
    B) made lots of good and dropped it round

I have friends with mums like yours and I always feel so jealous x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow...only 2 more sleeps and bubs will be in your arms Kerikiwi!!! so exciting. Wishing you all the best!

I was in baby kingdom today and they have the wipes warmer incase anyone is looking for one. Babies R Us have the Oricom secure 710 audio & video monitor on sale ($50 off) which we ended up getting.

Ann - you're not the only one who doesn't have a name sorted! We've got 3 baby name books on loan from the library and been looking online too but nothing has grabbed me. Its driving me mad! Thought it would be easy but weeks have passed and still no luck. I'm hoping a name will come to us when we eventually see bub's face.

As for me...5 weeks to go and only 1 more week of work! Was ready to finish up a month ago My feet ache like nothing else. Got most things for bubs but still have to put togther cot and get everything in place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a boys name sorted and a few options for girls. We were going to discuss it on our babymoon but haven't so far.
    It's so beautiful here...our apartment looks onto the water. Here until Wednesday morning and already feeling so relaxed! The sound of the ocean is divine. I feel so. Lucky right now
    Best Chrissy present ever!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395561942.587395.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa looks relaxing and beautiful wish I was there jealous lol

we have a boys name and 3 options for a girl and have settled on a middle name for the girl just we will have to wait and see what we have

I don't know about getting more tired as I felt tired all through 2nd trimester so hating to think what is coming in 3rd. Although I have no thyroid so awaiting blood test to see levels are at I will find out when i go back to Obs in a weeks time

As for getting up in the night I'm already getting up about 3 times during the night with 3 months to go seems like ages

Kerrikiwi Tuesday is going to be exciting. Best of luck enjoy and cannot wait for announcement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catlover, I love Stephanie Grace, it's beautiful x

Lots-what a view!! Bit jealous.

I finally took my pram out of the box and put it together. Also found an Aussie business that makes custom liners, head supports, foot muffs etc. Mini happy me pram liners and accessories

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (23-03-2014)