Closed Thread
Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Octoberbaby, DS just turned 2. He loves Thomas as well.
    I'm sure your mum will be just fine and will love having that special time with your DS.
    I'm trying to cook some meals for the freezer. When I had DS it was only DH and I to consider for meals in the crazy first week of being home with new bub but now will have DS's meals to consider. I made a huge batch of bolognese sauce and divided it up so if I can remember to take it out of the freezer I'll just have to cook some pasta to go with it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been cooking meals for the freezer too LMM - mostly big batches of stuff in the slow cooker so we've got dinner for the night and a couple of meals to freeze.

I'm also stocking up on the steam fresh packets of frozen vegies and doing some batches of mashed potato. I'm aiming to have about a month's worth of meals in the freezer. DH & I will do some fresh cooking too, but it will be good to know there's some healthy meals on hand so we're not constantly reaching for the takeaway menus!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014),LittleMissMagic  (23-03-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have about 3 weeks worth in the freezer so far. A couple of pizzas to pre make and a lasagne and we'll hit four! Mostly pasta bakes, casserole, risotto and some frozen vego heat and eats. Same reason as you Arlais, will hopefully save the hips and the budget from takeaway and means all we need to buy weekly for a while is fresh fruit and veg.

Stocked up majorly on bulk cleaning, toiletries, staples like rice and pasta and snack foods too to see us through for quite a while.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014),Arlais  (23-03-2014),LittleMissMagic  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kerikiwi good luck! Amazing that the time has actually come to meet your little baby. It goes so slow but at the same time so quick, doesn't it.
    Ann sleep is hard at the moment. This morning I was wide awake at 5.45 with sore knee joints and hunger pangs! Got up, ate, lay with the cat, read the news online, just passing the time away.
    Never heard of the baby wipes warmer but sounds like could be a good idea. This morning in melbs it was quite cold when I woke up. We put ducting heating on, it makes the house so lovely and cosy! But yes, wipes warmer sounds like a nice little luxury during the colder months. Diaper disposal unit I've been given one from my girlfriend which I know will come very handy. Can't be bothered walking down the stairs and around the corner to the bins, especially in winter.
    Food wise I've started freezing stuff as well. Though My mother is not too far away and will help out with food too. She has already told me I should probably stay with her if I have to have a c section. Hmmm, not sure about that yet, think I prefer staying at my own house.
    Veritas good luck with the acupuncture, I also will be following suit. Mine still hasn't turned and can feel her hard head just above my belly button.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got a new freezer (second one for outside) so I can cook meal and freezer them. I would live to get some recipes off you ladies - I am ok with bolognese etc but am looking for inspiration with casseroles and risottos. I am not a great cook so don't really know how far to prepare/cook before freezing and then how to best reheat!! Help needed!! Have been googling too!

My DS is just 2 and we have got him a jigsaw puzzle for the first day at hospital and then a little matchbox car for each day he comes to visit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (23-03-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Grrrr. Tossed and turned all night, thought its ok its my turn for sleep in and dp is taking dd to swimming this morning. Finally get to decent sleep and get woken by the alarm on dp's stupid work phone that she left in the bedroom!!!!! Arrrrrgh! Could shoot her right now! Add to that she has a complete inability to be light footed and quiet so not much point me even trying to go back to sleep just to be woken by her when she's up an hour later. Love that courtesy is a one way street some times. When do I get this special treatment all pregnant ladies should get??? Only two weeks to go and I still haven't seen any of it while dp sits on the lounge and gets waited on hand and foot quite regularly! So tired and cranky right now!!! Sorry needed to get that out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover I think there's a thread on slow cooker recipes somewhere on bubhub - but you could easily pop them in a casserole dish in the oven too. I'll have a look later on when I'm on the computer for you.

I love to cook, but limited energy at the moment means I've been taking the easy route and raiding the packet mix section for bases at the supermarket. I usually add some more herbs, etc to enhance the flavour. Even just cooking up some strips of meat with a jar of premade sauce is super easy and suitable to freeze.

Just make sure to leave a little bit of room in the containers so you've got some room to stir the food when reheating.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do like the idea of gifts for siblings ESP for little brother or sister, its cute and important for reassurance. My two are a bit old though, but I guess everyone loves a gift or two!

cooking/storings a great idea girls. Not sure what we doing, I fly back at 35 weeks to serviced apartment. Lot of things for us to org once we get back so gotta think hard about meals. When iam discharged my sister will ccome for a week from Syd to help out so I think I will be making her the cook!

Veritas I tthink dp needs a little reminding as to whose popping out bubs soon and you need a little pampering !! I get mad to if iam trying to sleep and dh starts looking for things in the room ! But he tries to be absolutely quiet, infact he lays out his pjs in the ensuite so that he doesn't disturb me hunting for it!

arlais I like cooking too and strips of meat and sauces are a quick and easy meal solution or wraps. Slow cookers great too. I think I will have to do yet another menu plan (which I never follow due to my spontaneous taste buds!). DH isn't so great in terms of cooking up a meal but he tries really hard and takes charge in the kitchen regardless! He tells me he is much better if I don't hover around him and supervise as he gets really nervous! But last week he took charge and didnt do too bad as I was exhausted with all the running around, I guess I gotta let go and let him conjure!
    Last edited by ann17; 23-03-2014 at 14:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummmm...... I can't find a name for bubs! A first and middle name! How you girls going???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear Ann! We've had bubs name sorted for quite a while. DH and I sat down with our tablets and spent hours trawling through baby name websites (I like nameberry the best). We then compared lists, vetoed choices we didn't like at all and made up a combined list.

We sat on the list for while and looked at it every few days, eliminating some names that didn't fit. One day DH referred to bub as one of the names on the list (that I had suggested) and it's stuck for ages. I don't think we can imagine calling her anything else now!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app