Closed Thread
Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The midwives were lovely and very helpful. The only bad one I came accross was down in the birth rooms not up on the ward. They come whenever you call and were very helpful. They came to help bath bub whenever I needed as I wasn't confident yet and were always there at feeds to offer help. Plus most of them love to have a cuddle with bub lol. A few would offer to take bub for a walk so we could fall asleep, we declined though. So they don't offer the nursery but they can help settle and let you settle and sneak bub back in your room which is at least something. We are going back there for this bub to
    I only found the lactation consultant very unfriendly and forceful and they were always busy so hard to get a hold of.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pinched some of DH's sweet chilli crisps Ann, but it wasn't the same

I like the idea of a wipes warmer, but can't say I've seen any available. EBay maybe?? We haven't bothered with a proper disposal system but we do have nappy sacks and a nappy bucket with a lid for temporarily storing those gems.

LMM we're not bothering with presents from the baby for DH's sons, but they are teenagers so it's a lot easier to say "suck it up" I think it's nice for younger kids though so they don't feel like they're missing out when there's all this new stuff for baby. My mum made up little activity bags with colouring books, stickers, a small toy and a few edible treats for my nieces when my sister was having another baby - made them happy and kept them occupied when visiting mum & bub in hospital!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So close Keri!!!

Ill be doing my darnedest this weekend to evict bubs come Monday :-) Curry, wine and a bath tonight...lol. Been having heaps of downward pressure and our ob even told us she's on call this weekend and to feel free to visit her haha. Got an acupuncture appt Monday to get things moving too. Having a vbac it works better for us if bubs is a week or two early on our chances, and really don't want to go late and end up with another csection.

Twisties... I'm craving something with custard :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and yep got dd a little pressie already :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, so many of you are so close!!!

I still have just over 6 weeks to go, 5 if bub doesn't turn. Almost hoping s/he doesn't so I can have cuddles sooner

I've done three loads of washing today as my drawers/change table will arrive on Monday and I can't wait to fill them. Bassinet and cot are together just need a cot mattress and linen and we are good to go.

Ann-like hamptonk has said the LC can be pushy. Don't let them bully you or make you feel rubbish about FF. Be very clear of your situation from the beginning and don't be afraid to speak up. I have issues with some of the advice they spew out and am constantly having to give patients other advice on medications, which leaves new mums so confused They even have hospital approved brochures that we have unsuccessfully fought to change. Terrible thing is, because they are a 'consultant' everyone assumes they are doctors and takes their advice of gospel. I'm sure they do have a lot of really good advice in other areas though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (23-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Keri just three days to meet your little girl. That's fantastic! Also must confess to being a little envious. So at the stage for bubs to come out.
    Hope your plan works Vertias cause if it does so gonna copy!
    I got one of those nappy bins as well Ann as I am not making ten trips to the bin a day. We are in a complex so would have to leave bubs while I trekked to the bin. I think I am gonna use it for the smelly ones so it doesn't cost too much to replace the cartridges. Wipe warmer sounds like a good idea for winter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM, that's how I feel about my DS. I am already worried about being away from him for 5 nights. He won't be happy spending too much time at the hospital either so am preparing for being by myself a lot. My mum is going to be staying with DS and DH while I'm in hospital which will allow DH to pop up sometimes ( we're only 5 mins away) but DS is already a bit anxious and clingy so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Ever since we've asked if he would prefer a brother or sister he has always said he wants a 'digger'. So we have bought a Lego excavator set as a gift from the baby. He wants to buy a present for the baby so we will go shopping for something soon. I like the idea of a little activity bag though, so might do that. Thanks for the suggestion Arlais!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great suggestion Arlais. I will make up some little activity bags next week.

Octoberbaby, how old is your DS? My DS loves diggers too. I was thinking of getting him a wooden train set as he has started to carry the few trains he has everywhere with him! That's great your mum can stay. Unfortunately mine is on the other side of the world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 3 and a half. He loves his wooden train set at the moment too and is totally obsessed with everything Thomas! You must miss your mum being so far away. My mum lives an hour away and doesn't drive in or to Brisbane. It will be good having her here though, particularly to be with DS the day of the c-sect. However, I'm already worrying about leaving her, DH and DS in the house unsupervised for 5 nights!! Lol. She hasn't ever really looked after DS by herself and he is full on. I'm sure it will all be fine but it does add to my anxiety. How old is your DS LMM?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas Dr Who reckons fish fingers go with custard