Closed Thread
Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. A quick hello from me. I've hit the 36 week mark so weekly appointments now and I've started acupuncture as well. Had a growth scan this week and no issues thankfully.

Ann, great shopping. I don't envy you flying. I flew long haul at 28 weeks and found it impossible to get comfortable.

Amps, sorry to hear you are still in hospital. Countdown really is on now. So close to meeting your little one! Are you the first one in the group then unless one of us goes early on our own?

Lotsa, yay for mat leave! Woo hoo!

Our hospital policy is that the baby will room in but you can request that they go to the nursery if you need rest. With DS I didn't want to let him out of my sight. I'm not sure how I'll feel about letting this one go to the nursery. Common sense is telling me I should try and get as much rest while I'm at the hospital before I have to come home and look after a toddler too! DH won't be staying at hospital as he'll have to look after DS. We have no family close by.

I'm loving all the crazy dreams by the way. Hi to everyone else.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-03-2014),lotsathoughts  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Again I have the most limitations with my hospital. No nursery and Dad can only visit during visiting hours. If you give birth outside of visiting hours Dad can stay in the birthing suite and perhaps for a short time on the ward but must leave. The official reason is that as we share rooms women should feel free to move around without strange men around. On a tour of the ward the midwife said that they will not usually send men home at 8pm, and the reason they can no longer stay was because of one violent man causing trouble in the middle of the night and concerns about safety. So I guess it just gives them the authority to send men home if they are a problem. Having said all that, my hospital also has a one night policy for vag birth (two for c-section) so you aren't there for long anyhow. Every hospital is so different - even between public hospitals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the crazy baby dreams! Although I think the dream of giving birth to the cat was the clear winner JJ!
    I have no idea what my hospitals policy is Ann with nursery / DH but am now going to find out. I know you can pay extra for a double bed for DH but depends on availability. We also get the opportunity to go to the Park Hyatt if everything is ok with me and bubs. I have had lots of advice that you should take advantage of getting some sleep whenever you can. As you say though it's very individual and I have no idea how I will feel at the time.
    So sorry you are back in hospital Amps. No long till you meet your bubs.
    Great results Jay. Glad everything is on track.
    Congrats on mat leave Lots. I have struggled a bit this week trying to do too much but made sure I rested as well.
    Awesome news about your new house Spidery. Wow you have a lot on your plate at the moment!
    Hardly sleeping at night at the moment, existing on lots of naps throughout the day. Bubs is moving less and less which is good in one way as it bl**dy hurts now!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-03-2014),lotsathoughts  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps - hope everything is ok. At least you are in the best place to rest.

Arlais - If I'm not on here beforehand, wishing you all the best for the birth.

Hope everyone else is well and I bet ya'z all going on Mat leave are so relieved to have no more work!

Well my bubs is still breech, so defiantly having a c-section, (unless she turns over the weekend) so Tuesday is thee day!!!! 3 more days to go.

Last edited by Kerikiwi; 22-03-2014 at 11:26.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kerikiwi For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (22-03-2014),lotsathoughts  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerikiwi View Post
    Amps - hope everything is ok. At least you are in the best place to rest.

Arlais - If I'm not on here beforehand, wishing you all the best for the birth.

Hope everyone else is well and I bet ya'z all going on Mat leave are so relieved to have no more work!

Well my bubs is still breech, so defiantly having a c-section, (unless she turns over the weekend) so Tuesday is thee day!!!! 3 more days to go.

Yay, Kerikiwi, I can't wait to hear of your little ones arrival!!!!!! So exciting, only 3 days!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will be thinking of you Keri best of luck with birth! So exciting

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay first bub off the rank in 3 days!!! How exciting

If my c-section date stays the same then it's only 9 more sleeps until my little wriggler arrives

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! 3 days!! Yayyyy!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So excited Kerikiwi! Can't wait to hear of bub's arrival!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't believe it's so soon Keri! Good luck!! Look forward to hearing how you go.

Our public hospital (RPA) get you out as soon as possible. But our midwife visits at home for up to two weeks to help with breastfeeding and bathing etc in iur own home.

Went to an mcn nappy workshop today in Glebe. Really liked the look of the pop ins so might invest in some of those. There are sales on the old version as the new version is coming out.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (22-03-2014)