Closed Thread
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Annerley I'm guessing you have but just didn't note baby wipes. I agree with singlets as during winter layers can be handy and if your heater is cranked you might just have to strip bub off of bit so singlet & nappy whilst on a rug / warm floor like carpet can be good or if cold it nice to not have to strip bub completely to change outer layer if it gets dirty.

Arlias - so sorry you've have this worry at this stage fingers toes and legs crossed you make your date.

Ann - I think you put 24/4/14 instead of May since we're the same date . My GTT isn't until next week so will be 27.3weeks myself by then. I also laugh at your baby in your bum comment, classic.

Got some cute fish outfits for bub from BigW the other day
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392806655.637492.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392806672.773769.jpg

Also went to antenatal class again last night and midwife mentioned about a seat belt buckle clasp that we should all use with car seats and capsules but aren't always included. I got one for each car (as new Luxi Caprice didn't have one) from BabyBunting for $4.50
    / $5 each. Here's what it looks like & instructions I was given.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392806785.349876.jpg
    Apparently if you get your seat fitted by BabyBunting they might like the one here include it with fitting.
    Last edited by Jay11; 19-02-2014 at 20:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: got an Epi - No today at Priceline for $179 same price as the Epi-No manufacturers website so cheaper in end as I picked up so no delivery cost which pay on the epharmacy website too.
    Last edited by Jay11; 19-02-2014 at 21:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Ann, welcome our awesome group!

Glad everything is ok Arlias, you're getting closer to that prediction of a 35 weaker. Hopefully she hangs in there for a little bit longer than that.

Jay, I have that top grey bodysuit too, and I'm fairly certain we have the same cot as well. You are so organised, I feel like I'm way behind. We are going to finish painting the room this weekend and finish sanding the cot so it can be painted next weekend. Which paint did you end up using? Should be all set up (minus the drawers/change table on order) in the next 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a water base enamel for top coats but will post pic of paint tins tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you Arlais for getting yourself checked out. Too often we shrug these things off as just apart of pregnancy. Glad you don't have long to go at work so you can get more rest. Hope bubs stays put for a little longer.
    Thanks for the info hwaterhouse. Feel better soon.
    We used a gloss enamel oil based paint Ngaiz as if bubs chews on your coat it comes off in strips not flakes which can apparently be a choking hazard.
    Amps yes last week I was a total cow to everyone. Had to keep apologising for being a jerk. This week seems to be better. Hormones! They suck.
    AFM counting down till I finish work. Only 19 working days to go.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (20-02-2014),hwaterhouse  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take it easy Arlais! Rest up as much as you can when you finish work but how exciting that you are finishing this week. Thanks for letting us know what to look out for. Also Amps and Hwaterhouse glad you are both feeling better now too.

Thanks so much for checking over my list ladies. I feel a lot better now after reading what you've all said! I definitely knew more singlets, face washers and swaddles were needed but trying to hold off buying anymore since every baby shower I've been to, the person ends up with loads of these so will wait until after the shower to see. Yep, I have a huge box of wipes thanks Jay and a couple of other toiletries like nappy rash cream, baby shampoo, powder and baby wash, just a small supply for now. Bedlover, I really need to remember what you said about knowing that I can still go out a buy things once bub is born, it's almost like I think I need it all now but definitely not true! I've also noted your suggested about flannelette wraps too so thanks, October! Rtkirk, your post made me laugh, I hope you get given all those blankets nice and soon so your baby doesn't go cold but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks again ladies and it's exciting how close some of you are getting! It looks like we'll be getting some precious arrivals next month, eeeekk!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (20-02-2014),hwaterhouse  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerlwy I used to find these little trips to the shops were great for getting me out of the house and giving life a bit of normality without being too taxing.

I would get everything organised and head out to the local shopping centre with bub and that days one big job (eg. Buy a size 0000 singlet). If it all went to the dogs I could just come home but most times I could achieve my goal and then sit and have a coffee and feel human!!

If I didn't have a plan, bub and I generally spent the whole day in our pjs and didn't do anything!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good thinking on giving yourself a goal to achieve each day bedlover. I'm planning on doing something similar myself to get me out of the house, feel a sense of normality and have bub get used to being carted around sooner rather than later.

I packed my hospital bag last night. Still have a couple of things to add, but I think DH is happier now that's organised. Both our dogs were snuggled up with me on the couch last night, which is very unusual. The older one has always been a mummy's boy, but it's very rare for our puppy girl to want extended cuddles with me so he reckons they're sensing that the baby is coming very soon!

I'm so envious of you ladies getting your nurseries organised already. I held off for ages, but I wish now I had started just a little bit earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Annerley, I love your wall decals as well. I so need to get all the small bits and pieces, and going to wait until after my baby shower, which is in a couple of weeks.

Thanks JJ tiger - I love the white, it looks awesome in the room.

Arlais - That must have been scary, especially when you were at work! your such a trooper, still working away. At least you only have a couple more days to go! It was such a huge weight of my shoulders when I finished work, so more relaxed now.

Hi everyone else, hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post

Jay, I have that top grey bodysuit too, and I'm fairly certain we have the same cot as well. ..... Which paint did you end up using? Should be all set up (minus the drawers/change table on order) in the next 3 weeks.
    So this is what we used (Valspar White acrylic sealer undercoat & Pascol premium white gloss enamel) both water-base paint so low odour.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392865303.118510.jpg
    Last edited by Jay11; 20-02-2014 at 13:45.