Closed Thread
Page 59 of 95 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ann I totally understand where you are coming from. Surely if you are exhausted and out of it they will take the baby. Interestingly it was the one piece of advice my mother has given me - ask them to take the baby to nursery if I need to sleep. Anyway I asked three different friends who've had their babies at the private hospital where I'm having mine. One said they will take baby away on first night if you are tired, the other said it depends on the midwife, and the other one said the policy is that baby stays with you. I remember when my brothers were born and I'm talking in the late 70s early eighties here, and all the little babies were in rows in the hospital nursery. You'd go and look at them behind the glass window. So cute! Things have really moved on since those days!
    Anyway at least my hospital encourages partners to stay with you.
    Last edited by Team panda; 21-03-2014 at 20:05.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regarding baby dreams, I can't remember having any apart from the one after my 20 week scan where I gave birth to a baby girl who had my husbands head. That dream traumatised me for days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol to the dreams funny as

annerley not sure when I will get the results I assume it will be at my next appt with obs which is on the 31-3-14 so will just have to wait. Good luck with your GTT tomorrow.

Ann: we are going private and we were told baby stays with us from get go unless baby needs to etsy in nursery for monitoring of any health issues but the encourage dad to stay some rooms even have double beds

back to work on Monday :-( then 2 months before I go on leave

Had a pregnancy body massage today at a day spa very nice

on a exciting note I ordered baby shower invites and they should arrive mid next week and also we pick up the keys to our new house in 4 days

Hope everyone has a good weekend

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - yes I have heard that too. Although the midwife I spoke with was quite nice and said that dont feel pressured to breastfeed and just tell the nurses. Unfort with me its not a question of option but i do actually have a condition. I guess most of the hospitals have similar policies.

Octoberbaby - in my interview I said to the midwife (nicely) so why am I at the hospital for five days (thinking I may as well go home in my comfort zone and at least dh will have more than a day bed ) and she replied because you will be having a csection and it's no walk in the park of course I refrained myself from saying yeah but I still have to hop off the bed everytime bub cries!

Team panda - yep certainly really cute and iam sure our mums loved us (eventhough we were lined up in the nursery )-just as much as we will love our "rooming in" children! Oh btw (I think it was you) I liked your suggestion of boiling the bottles if we didnt want to buy steriliser. I have actually done that before.

I know there's always new theories about bonding and all that but really when you look at the past practice of babies spending time in nurseries ( although I am all for having skin to skin contact and having bubs in the room as long as new mums physically and mentally are capable ) we cannot say that they were loved any less or less bonded with their parents.

Personally - with dd she was born midday, no skin contact at all, she was there in her little glass crib all wrapped up almost until they finished up stitching me then I don't even know where they wheeled her off (obviously nursery ) as I slept in recovery I wasnt disturbed until i woke up at 8:30pm and then I saw her for a little while and I fell asleep again (although ex dh was with her). With ds had skin on skin for a while and once wheeled off to recovery he was taken and I could sleep. And there's definitely no differentiation of love between the two just because I had skin on skin with ds. Both my kids were formula fed so I guess that did make it easier in the sense that the midwives let me rest.
    Last edited by ann17; 21-03-2014 at 20:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Spidery how exciting picking up the keys to a new home! And upcoming baby shower !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (22-03-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A lot of the research these days, and reasons behind rooming in is not just for the benefits of bonding on the baby, skin to skin contact and also promoting breastfeeding, but also the benefits that the hormonal cascade of having baby close has for the mother and how that interaction can help reduce the incidence of pnd. The midwives are there to help you so buzz away :-)

Yay to mat leave lotsa.

Had a few moments today where I though things were ramping up, but alas not to be. Thankfully though as once again playing nursemaid to dp.... Feel like tantrumming some days and asking when its my turn to be waited on hand and foot!!!!

38 weeks Monday and got an acupuncture appt booked which I'm def looking forward to.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-03-2014),lotsathoughts  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick post to say I'm still in hospital. Bit boring but am getting rest I need. Started steroids for migraines, bellybeans lung development and flubug thing i have. 37weeks today which means 11days until we meet our miracle

Sent from my ZTE T28 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now I feel like the odd one as my fear was them taking bub away from me and not being able to have him in my room. Haha guess we are all different. Our hosp at Northpark encourages partners to stay if c section he has to use pull out bed but as soon as you can it's all good where as vb you have a double bed from the start so you can snuggle with partner another reason for me to try to avoid c section! If you really need sleep they said the nursery was available.
    Last edited by Jay11; 22-03-2014 at 11:32.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospital is the same as yours Jay. DH will be staying on a pull out bed to start with, then we can move to a room with a double bed once I'm able to move around okay on my own.

They encourage bub rooming in, especially if your partner is with you, but they will take bub to the nursery on request (as long as they're not inundated with babies!). I like the idea of having bub with us all the time, but I intend to take advantage of whatever help is available whilst we're in hospital before coming home and dealing with everything on our own!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospital has the nursery available from 10pm to 6am and I will be using it!! I think my recovery is most important so I can manage well at home rather than coming out of hospital a wreck.

They also have a limited number of double rooms - I have requested one but we will see what happens.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

ann17  (22-03-2014)