Closed Thread
Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Speaking of dreams - last night I dreamt I gave birth to a girl who was tall as a 2 yr old but behaved like a newborn and I cld hold her fingers and make her walk! And I wasn't sure if I liked the way she looked and that made me feel bad!! And when I cuddled and kissed her I smelt birth blood and thought oh I better wait until she has a bath to kiss her!!! Iam sure when bubs comes out iam going love everything although DS has kindly pointed out newborns aren't really cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad your home safely Ann, sorry that your still in limbo about and sounds like your dreams all over too. Hugs

AFM : just had OB appt
    Uterus measuring : 30weeks (he said upto 2cm/weeks either way is ok so still good despite 31weeks tomorrow)
    Juniors HR 130
    My BP 115/65

We were able to see some big testes and his penis today which he has kept hidden previously but I'm not sure how!

Our hospital apparently dies flu vacs for its pregnant ladies so have a letter to get that done. He said they will give me my whooping cough vaccination in hospital when bubs born.

We got a copy of my GTT (needing to be under 8.0mmol/L) :
    4.0mmol/L @ 0mins
    3.6mmol/L @ 60mins
    5.2mmol/L @ 120mins

He didn't mention strep B swab but I'm guessing that will be at one of my next 2 appts when I'm 33-36weeks.

Other then that just keep doing what I'm doing (including taking my multivitamins and fish oil). Only thing he said was to not lift anything heavy due to my abs separation as it means I have no back support and can do damage if I did.
    Next growth scan Monday week the 2 more fortnightly OB appts then we start weekly ones grins
    Last edited by Jay11; 21-03-2014 at 13:34.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann- I'm sorry you still don't have all the answers but I'm glad the one kidney is working well. Take care of yourself especially with those varicose veins. Ouch!!!

Jay: good news you got to see your boys bits! Hehe your results for your GTT are great! Well done.

After reading your post about uterus measurement I was thinking if I should I be worried I'm measuring 30 weeks when I'm 25 weeks. Hopefully it all evens out!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear from you Ann. I don't know how you fly internationally when you have a big belly. Sitting in the car for more than an hour does my head in and my back is so sore. Are you back in Brisbane for the birth? How did you go with the baby shopping? Look after yourself and glad you got some reassurance from your OB on the kidney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    rtkirk- I dreamt my baby became engaged last night and I kept thinking, "oh that's how it feels, might be ready to pop soon." I've have one birth dream (water birth) a little while ago but it looks like my brain is travelling down that path again.

JJ that dream cracked me up! It's funny what hormones do to us!

Well I was 36 weeks yesterday and today was my last day of work!!!! Wohooo! Bring on mat leave!
    So sad to leave some good friends as it isn't likely I'll go back there as a state move is on the cards later this year. But soooo glad to get away from my boss and the constant work and standing up. My class held me a surprise baby shower party, complete with flowers and speeches. It was so sweet.
    It hasn't sunk in yet. Those on leave already...does it become real at any point?

Baby moon Sunday! Can't wait xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots - Congrats on finishing works. I don't know how you lasted that long, you deserve a few days or spoiling yourself!

Riss - it might be different with me as we are watching bub more closely due to him only having a two Vessel umbilical cord & stopping or slowing down his growth. Worth asking but I'm sure if they were worried they'd say something.
    Last edited by Jay11; 21-03-2014 at 16:35.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa - sleep in and put ya feet up love! I honestly don't know how can you stand up for long periods of time !

abh- yep! Shopped til I dropped - literally in a warm bath when we'd get back room but we had only 3 days after all the appts. So we went Baby Bunting crazy also did Pram warehouse but found Baby Bunting more choice and pretty organised. We bough 3 crib sets! Cacalo, Kidsline and cldnt go past Pooh also got a Bubba Blue flannel sheet set. Bassinet set, Oricom deluxe box (video monitor),
    Clothes, blankies, towels, bulk diaper, layette sets. I think we will be getting the Strider Compact the new one with foam and rubber tyres - I was a bit disappointed that the seat doesn't recline all the way down but DH said he will buy the bassinet but that only solves the problem for 6 months I guess and it is a bit big. With the amount of money you spend on the pram you want everything to your satisfaction ! Also bought a Sangenic nappy bin with spare cartridges - this is from experience as it was quite helpful at night to store dirty nappies rather than chucking em in the bathroom bin making it smelly. Also bought a change table.

Will do more newborn shopping when we get back, bottles, mitts, sockies, bibs, toiletries , etc.

I come back week 35, I know iam pushing it a bit but if I don't feel right will come earlier. I do have a local OB, next week I will be having a scan done by the chief radiologist OB and having the chief paed to look at the scans already had a chat with him today. Apparently of there's alot of things to keep track of re kidney.
    Last edited by ann17; 21-03-2014 at 18:02.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ladies bit of a touchy topic here and respect individual opinions. So I spoke with Mater Private pre admission and find out the practise these days is that bubs is with you in the room from the beginning (unless special care) and no night nursery !

I am not meaning to dump my newborn in the nursery but wld like to have the choice of nursery care, I think its important to recuperate ESP on the first night and get your energy levels up to take care of bubs. Of course have the bubs in room for feeds and if you feel upto having bubs in room for long periods but if bubs is having a difficult time just having that support of nursery is helpful to new mum. Iam so distressed knowing that I will be having a csection, barely be mobile and having to get up for bubs all the time. They said you can buzz midwife but really how many times can you press that thing without annoying the midwife who will have other mums too! And what if its your luck that you have one narky little midwife ! DH has said that he will be there but I don't know why iam still upset. What about those mums whose Dh/dp can't be there for support. Iam no expert but Your body goes through alot during childbirth and having the support of a nursery available is great. I was so wrong thinking oh iam going private there will be more support available in terms of nursery and I cld at least rest. Like I said I don't want to sound like oh wheel my baby away and you handle it but being under all those drugs, having a catheter maybe even a drain for c or even if you have a natural birth you just aren't strong enough.
    i remember with my other births I was so tired and groggy and sore all I wanted to do was collapse and sleep which I did, yes there was a nursery available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, definitely no nursery at the mater ann. It has been registered as a 'baby friendly' hospital which means bub rooms in to establish/promote breast feeding. I've heard from many patients that they can be rather pushy on it too, so be prepared if it's not your preferred option. They do have volunteers who will come in during the day to take bub for a while so you can get some rest though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's interesting info Ann. I'm going to Sunnybank, I'll be interested in their stance. 3 years ago when I had DS their policy was if you had a c-sect they kept bub in the nursery for the first night. They discourage partners from staying that night. I wasn't even allowed out of bed until the next day anyway so I couldn't have done much. They just brought him to me for feeds.

Lotsa, from experience, it will be real on Monday when you should be going to work but you're not. Enjoy the next few weeks. Life is about to change forever!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post: