Closed Thread
Page 55 of 95 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm with MBP, not sure how much my premium will go up by but I have 60days after delivery to upgrade to family cover.

Gee JJ, prams are big business aren't they?!

Kj- I always find comfort in music, it's extremely powerful. In the words of Bob Marley "One good thing about music, when hits you, you feel no pain"

Arlais-sorry ECV didn't work I've just come back from my OB and bub is still breech so DH has to come to my appt in two weeks. If bub hasn't turned (hes not likely the chances) we will book CS for between 38-39 weeks (which gives me an April bub not May). The numbers he gave me were ECV would work 60% of the time and 50% of successful turns will end up in CS anyway. He knows I would prefer to deliver naturally and that it's my decision but he would recommend we go for CS.

Afm-BP is creeping up a bit but only minor swelling. Have to have BT for that sharp pain in my liver region. That, plus the increased BP has him worried about PE. He's not concerned about my cervix length and said he won't bother checking, if I got into labour then so be it 'cause I've had steroids and at this gestation baby will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais I'm so sorry it didn't work for you. Hope it wasn't too painful. Are you very disappointed?
    i called my PHI and they said I had 60 days after the birth to add bubs on and they are fully covered on my plan. I'm with medibank and mine just went up to $11 a mth as well. Like you ABH I will be shopping around soon for a better deal. It's so pricey.
    I meant to mention it JJ but I got a baby jogger versa from Amazon and even with freight charges saved over 250. Might be an option. Think it cost 580 for a rain cover and the pram plus freight. We bought the bassinet seat from eBay for 100 so saved there too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was uncomfortable, but definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. I just closed my eyes, held on to DH's hand, concentrated on breathing steadily and visualising bub turning.

I am disappointed I won't get to birth bub vaginally, but since she's been breech for quite a while now I've had time to accept a c-section will be the most likely course of action. Now I can concentrate on creating the best surgical experience I can.

At first I was a bit freaked out when I found out you can actually feel them pushing on your belly and bub being pulled out, but now I'm looking at it as a way I'm still going to be able to feel my baby being born, rather than being completely disconnected from the experience.

In some ways it feels like I've got a little bit of control over things now, not to mention having a set date for DH to get time off work. Of course little miss stubborn could decide to throw me into labour early and all that will fly out the window lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh rtkirk that reminds me. Jj-there is an Aussie chick that lives in the US, she runs a freight forwarding company called US to OZ to use when online shops don't ship internationally. Often, and it was in my case too, buying from overseas is much cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great attitude Arlais.
    I was dead set on v birth with DS but ended up with a planned c section and it was really easy and not a drama for me. Getting your head in the right space is 95% of the hard work done!!

FWIW I didn't feel any pushing or anything. I was busy telling the anesthetist that he should give me more drugs to make sure I couldn't feel it and the next thing I hear crying and the OB saying "it's a boy!"

At the end of the day, as long as mum and bub are safe and well, that is all that matters. X

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also think you have a great attitude Arlais. I know you are disappointed but we all know a safe delivery and healthy bub is the goal. Like Bedlover, I didn't really feel anything either. Everyone prepared me for the tugging and pulling but I didn't really notice it.

I'm with Defence Health and have 60 days to add bub too. I only have single cover due to the cost and we decided only to add DS if there were issues and we needed special care, which fortunately we didn't. We'll be waiting again to see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reminder on adding bub to PHI, will have to call mine and check!

Arlais- sorry to hear that your little girl hadn't turned but it sounds like you are being really strong about it. As Bedlover said, in the end it doesn't matter how she gets here and it's exciting you have a date. Will have to see if she ends us turning on her own.

Catlover- I'm doing the 1hr test too. I've heard the same as KJ that it's really easy to fail the 1hr test since it's non fasting. I hope you are feeling ok about it.

KJ- with DHs Nan's funeral, hearing the songs was really the hardest part, as soon as each song played during the service I was a blubbering mess. Hope you and your DH are ok.

Riss- since you mentioned the whooping cough vaccine, I've done some more looking into it and I've found out that having the vaccine in the third trimester can mean that some of the protection passes onto the baby. Now that I've read that I feel that it's a really valid point and will mention it to my obs at next visit.

Nirok and Veritas- I had some luck with my antenatal class booking. I called the educator on Monday morning and asked if it was normal to do them at 36 & 37 weeks and Nirok, you were right, it's because I chose the Saturday classes and they are so popular. Anyway, luckily another couple had just called to cancel so she agreed to move us forward so now I'll be all done by 35wks. Feeling a lot better about if now!

Spidery- how are you going and when do you find out about your GTT results? Good luck again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - sorry Bubs didn't turn... My girlfriends turned in the last week so you never know. In saying that, the main thing is that you and Bubs are ok and that she arrives safely.. That's all that matters!

Thanks Rtkirk, I'll check it out

Ngaiz thanks for that shipping tip.. I'll look into that too..

You ladies are all just wonderful!

Off to get a BT this morning to check my liver.. Hopefully everything is ok.. I should find out tomorrow.

Have a good day ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all goes well today JJ!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss- you've inspired me to look into Teachers Health now. I'm going to call them this morning.
    Arlais and Ngaiz I'm in the same position as you guys at the moment. Still have 5 weeks for her to turn but if she hasn't moved in a couple of weeks doctor will turn her. He promised me it wouldn't hurt.