Closed Thread
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amps- I hope you are doing ok and aren't in too much pain! Rest up and take it easy!

Spidery- hope your GTT test wasn't too bad in the end and good luck with the results!

Riss- DH and my family are all having the whooping cough vaccine soon and DHs family have all had theirs. I'm going to ask about having it at the hospital straight after baby is born, as like October, I've heard conflicting things on vaccines whilst pregnant so I think it would worry me having it done now.

KJ- sorry to hear about your loss. We lost DHs nan when I was 5wks along and never got to tell her our news. DH was tossing up whether to tell her when he saw her just before she died but didn't want to make it any harder on her, DH cousin also gave birth only 3wks after she passed away too. The week that she died was the week that our baby's heart was forming so DH took comfort when I told him that it was like his nan was giving us the baby we have always wanted- kind of like you said, one life ends and another one starts. Needless to say DH was thrilled that our little one is a girl, when we found out, he said of course it had to be a girl since Nan gave the baby her heart, so sweet!
    Last edited by Annerley; 18-03-2014 at 21:14.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks bedlover, I just wasn't sure when to expect it. With bub being breech my Ob doesn't want me going into labour and end up with emergency CS. At my 30wk scan my cervix was already just under 15mm. Like Arlais, Im having AF sensations and I can feel an aching high in my vagina. I might get him to check it at my appt tomorrow with US. 

Amps-glad you've got some pain relief but if it's not one thing it's another. Not much longer to go hun, hang in there. 

Catlover-I don't think you look very big at all, you look great!!

Good luck with the GTT results Spidery.

Lots-I've been really lucky with sleep until recently. I've been awake from 3am for the last two days and for the first time I had to get up an pee in the middle of the night. I know it's only going to get worse but for now it's a killer, I want to make the most of the relationship I currently have with my pillow while I still can. Lucky you, only having 3 days left.

Arlais-I've been having naps every weekend, haha. I did a little bit of work on Saturday and went and had a two hour kip.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (19-03-2014),Spidery  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Annerley, that story made me cry. What a beautiful way of looking at a sad time in life.

My OB is fine with getting the flu vax and last year when I was pregnant I had it and was fine. But I might hold off till later this time around.

Ngaiz- good idea getting your cervix checked at your next appointment. I hope that it is holding strong. You have done well getting this far with that length.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reminder about whopping cough. I got all my vaccines prior to starting IVF but will need the flu jab again. Probably wait till after the bub arrives though. Will have to warn friends and family that if they are sick then they are not coming near the bubs.
    Sorry you have been so unwell again Amps. You have really doneit tough. Not long to go now.
    Spidery hope your GT goes well. It's not the nicest tasting stuff either is it?
    Oh Lots I know how you feel. I wake up at 4 and that's it. No more sleep. Lucky I am now on mat leave so I can nap during the day. Before that though I would come home from work and fall asleep on the couch for an hour.
    Sorry to hear about your DHs nan KJ. We lost my DHs nan in July last year so I understand how you feel. It's a sad time.
    Hope everything goes well with your appointment Ngaiz.

AFM finished work on Friday and am officially on mat leave. I was so tired and grumpy at the end. Hard to be professional when bubs is kicking you in the ribs! Having said that bubs has stopped moving as much which had me quite worried until I read the comments on this forum. I love that you answer my questions before I have them. I packed bubs bag and have made a list of things to grab for mine so I feel pretty organised. Going to get the car capsule fitted next week and I think that's it. Now just waiting. . .

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (19-03-2014),Spidery  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ so sorry to hear about DH's Nan DH and I both lost all our grandparents in the last 6 years.. It's sad they won't be around as they would have been so happy for us.

Riss and Arlais I was so sick on the contiki trip too.. My goodness that was a lifetime ago! Lol

I haven't thought about whooping cough.. Thanks for the reminder.. I haven't had the flu shot either, not sure if it's too late? I'll be 34 weeks on Friday.

Thanks Ngaiz, just saw it.. I'll be popping in at lunch to check it out..

Oh Annerley, your story about DH's Nan brought a tear to my eye.. I'm due on my grandmas bday, they are still here watching over us.. I'm sure of it.. Sort of why I feel like I'm having a girl.. We'll see!

Yay to mat leave Rtkirk.. Put your feet up and relax

AFM - OMG, I woke up to the worst pain in my right lower back.. Thankfully it only lasted for about 5-10 mins as I was ready to go to the hospital.. I went to bed thirsty and I'm putting it down to being dehydrated which was really stupid of me.. I feel ok now, so see how we go.

OB appointment went well. Strep B swap next appointment and another scan at around 36 weeks to check Bubs growth. I'm also getting bloods done to check my liver as I've had ridiculously ichy feet and it can be from a condition called Cholestasis..

Happy hump day ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey JJ I have question seeing your going to st vinnies too. When did you go for the antenatal classes?? How many weeks were you?
    I had a look at my dates and it's not till mid May!! I'll be 33 weeks by then. Hope I won't be too tired to move. It goes for 3 Saturday mornings.

Also while I remember, have you put bubs on your private Heath cover yet? My SIL said they are covered automatically for 30 days after birth but I think I read that you need to have it before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss78 - I don't think you can add bub to PHI until they are born.

JJTiger - Let me know what you think of Rozibaby. Mine won't arrive till April and I didn't get to see before ordering. So be keen to hear your thoughts.

Rtkirk - yay for mat leave. I am counting down the weeks and days.

Ngaiz - I have been loving my weekend naps too. But always been a fan of them, even pre pregnancy and I always seem to wake up so darn early anyway, so very rarely sleep in.

My MCN should be arriving today. Exciting, I have washed all of bubs clothes last weekend. For those using MCN what did you wash them in? I was planning to just use some wool wash that I have. That's what I did bubs clothes in.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Riss - I had to call hcf about something a month or so ago and they added bub on then, I just have to send details through when its born. Definitely do it beforehand because some funds won't cover bubs for special care etc if they aren't listed before birth, my sister got stung like that.

KJ - big hugs re your dh's nan.

So tired today, woke up at 4.30 this morning and hanging for a nap already. Ob appt this afternoon and should find out about strep b results. So ready for the little one to arrive!!!

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ABH - just wash your mcns in normal detergent, at most half the amount you would use for a normal load, no fabric softener or anything that will leave a residue. You'll need at least three washes before use.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

ABH  (19-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My GCT results came back slightly elevated (they didn't tell me exact numbers); so now I'm going back Friday morning for the 2 hour GTT.